A tale of two Hurricanes: The Finale

Here's are my recent builds of Italeri's Sea Hurricane and the Revell rebox of Hasegawas IIC.

The build can be found here: 

IMG_1258.jpg
IMG_1259.jpg
IMG_1260.jpg
IMG_1261.jpg
IMG_1262.jpg
IMG_1263.jpg
IMG_1264.jpg
IMG_1265.jpg
IMG_1266.jpg
IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg 

Comments and criticisms welcome as always,

Sean :pilot: 

• Like 18

they look darn  good Sean.

Nitpicks,  The Sea Hurricane roundels,  too far out on the upper wing (wrong on the Italeri instructions though)  but far too   inboard on the underside... again, I assume from the 'helpful'  instructions

Sea_Hurricane_Mk_IB_M2-H_fighter_about_t

Here's LK-? as well

Hurricane-MkIIc-RAF-87Sqn-LK-Question-Ni

I should have posted these up in then WIP thread where they'd have been more use :banghead: 

Good job on the Italeri nose and replacement prop and wheel tweak,  removes some of the points that jar me in the kit.

But overall, :goodjob:   

cheers

T

• Like 1

Thanks Troy :) 

I noticed the demarcation of the black when I was positioning the fuselage codes but by that time I couldn't get them off again :doh: 

The Italeri destructions show the roundels in those postions but they're obviously wrong going by that picture. I also got the greys on the camouflage the wrong way round :shrug: 

Sean

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mozzy19 said:

Thanks Troy :) 

I noticed the demarcation of the black when I was positioning the fuselage codes but by that time I couldn't get them off again :doh: 

The Italeri destructions show the roundels in those postions but they're obviously wrong going by that picture. I also got the greys on the camouflage the wrong way round :shrug: 

Sean

You're in good company. I clagged mine on and found that phot two days later. 'Am I bovvered?' Nah.

Well, you get there and they turned out well. And you didn't have a canopy disaster. How did you get on with those LE lights in the end? They look as if they fit OK.

Those IIC barrels stand out nicely. Hellcat next is it? The thing is, with all those spare Italeri decals and the new Airfix kit out...:wicked:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Darby said:

You're in good company. I clagged mine on and found that phot two days later. 'Am I bovvered?' Nah.

Well, you get there and they turned out well. And you didn't have a canopy disaster. How did you get on with those LE lights in the end? They look as if they fit OK.

Those IIC barrels stand out nicely. Hellcat next is it? The thing is, with all those spare Italeri decals and the new Airfix kit out...:wicked:

The lights were fine, a little too much glue on one but apart from that no problems.

Those Master barrels are rather nice aren't they :D 

I should maybe change it from 'A' Hellcat to, well erm, three! 

IMG_1271.jpg

Sean :D 

• Like 2