Potez XXV Jupiter - Croatian ambulance, Hit-kit 1/72 (conv.)

Hi,

I just finished it. Potez XXV Croatian ambulance with Jupiter engine. Small scratch conversion from Hit-kit kit. Initially I was intending to do this model as SCW bomber (ex-Estonian), however I have changed my mind to make room for future build of SCW Potez from incoming Azur0romm kit. There is a single poor quality photo of real thing:

potez DSC06265

The photo is presented in book "Sojusznicy Luftwaffe". The area of ambulance compartment is unclear here (I think there is a person standing there) - but in book https://www.abebooks.com/9782950948502/Potez-25-Pierre-CORTET-2950948502/plp there are drawings showin how Yugoslav ambulance Potez XXV looked like. So I assumed that Croatia used some ex-Yugoslav ambulance among all Potez XXV which they enharited after April War.

Here she is:

potez DSC06278potez DSC06279potez DSC06281

potez DSC06280

potez DSC06281potez DSC06282potez DSC06283potez DSC06284potez DSC06285potez DSC06283

potez DSC06286potez DSC06287

This is one of two Hit-Kit Potez XXV which I am doing now together with scratch work on Potez 29. The WIP thread is here:

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 18

LostCosmonauts, Woody 37  - many thanks, I appreciete your comments.

Woody - Indeed I am exploring now sides of types which were in use in WWII and SCW times. However some important gaps are right in the middle: I still do not have any single Ju88/188/388 on my shelves (though five in stash). The same  with B-24 (five in stash, no any ready). One day I will have to jump back to the mainstream :). But in stash there are still some exotic temptations...

Cheers

J-W 

Superb J-W :worthy: 

As you know, I have the book you refer to and this does look right.

The price of that book has gone a little insane :o!

You've done an unbelievable job on this Hit Kit. Really. What. A. Result. 

Really loking forward to the others that you're building :).

For those that like the look of the aircraft; 4000 were built in many versions, served in many countries, many conflicts, won records. Here's the Wikipedia info:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potez_25

It's an aircraft that really grows on you over time. Well, if you're me, J-W or Sgt. Squarehead :mental: :D!

When Special Hobby release the kit J-W, I think Salmson conversions will have to happen.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

I look at that rigging and then remind myself that this is 1/72 scale. Then my eyes start to water... :hypnotised:

Super job on a lovely, esoteric subject!

As a new bug, I'm very glad you are updating many of your old threads. This is all top notch stuff and I'd be quite disappointed if I didn't get the chance to see it!

(Indeed one of your threads sparked me into hunting down a 1/72 Breguet 693, an aircraft I've always liked but never thought about building. Until I saw yours.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

When Special Hobby release the kit J-W, I think Salmson conversions will have to happen.

Tony, I hope (?) that the Salmson driven XXV will be one of available, since on the S-H web page they made a remark, as far as I understand Czech langueage - "they work on many variants". We will see - anyway the diference is only in engine and rudder.

28 minutes ago, Gazontipede said:

I look at that rigging and then remind myself that this is 1/72 scale.

Gzaontipede - many thanks! The secret of riging is EZ - this really makes it relatively easy (some hours, anyway). I just finished my first 30 meters of EZ now (doing about 15 biplanes with it)

3 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Those Hit-Kit models can be tough nuts to crack.

Indeed. I stated to like it and  I doappreciete the owner of the Hit-Kit (as I do for owners of Broplan, Choroszy, Ardpol). There are very small - mostly one person enterprises... It is shame that Hit-Kit vanished already... I was afraid a bit how it will come out, so both Breguet and Potez were waiting some 22 years in my stash. John, many thanks for your comment!

Greggles.w and Corsairfosfourrouncle - I appreciete very much your comments

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Colin,

Many thanks! I think (or rather I hope) that  Azur-Fromm/Special Hobby  will do wide range or Potez XXV - like they did wth Vildebeest or Northrop Nomad. I am thinking that I can do next one or two (or even three :huh:) XXV when the kit will appear...Now I am finishing second XXV by Hit-kit - a Vichy colours XXV TOE from Indochina.

BTW -  I do not see many of Hit Kit Potezes on second market. They should appear now, when some people who had them in stash now know that new kit will apear soon...Doe it means that who bought already did it? The series was very limited...(I think 1000 copies of each).

Regards

J-W

Many thanks Mitch. I am doing now second Hit-Kit Potez - the 25 TOE. It is a bit more difficult due to poor quality of plastic - what was not the case here. Hope to finish it soon anyway.

Cheers

J-W 

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Hi Colin,

Many thanks! I think (or rather I hope) that  Azur-Fromm/Special Hobby  will do wide range or Potez XXV - like they did wth Vildebeest or Northrop Nomad. I am thinking that I can do next one or two (or even three :huh:) XXV when the kit will appear...Now I am finishing second XXV by Hit-kit - a Vichy colours XXV TOE from Indochina.

BTW -  I do not see many of Hit Kit Potezes on second market. They should appear now, when some people who had them in stash now know that new kit will apear soon...Doe it means that who bought already did it? The series was very limited...(I think 1000 copies of each).

Regards

J-W

Hi Jerzy,

I look forward to the Indochina one very much, nice and colorful !  I will look on ebay to see if there are any around.  I indeed have mine in the stash.  Not sure if you are aware but L&M resin kits do a 1/72 Potez XXV and Breguet 19 in Croatian and Yugoslav colours.  It's available on ebay via his ebay shop.

• Like 1

Thank you Colin. Yes, I know about those resin kits. They are rather expensive... There re so many resin kits of rarities then the room for reasonable  scratch build is vanishing...

Of rare plastics kitsI ordered just now two more Fokkers CV by LF - the Norwegian and Finish :) 

Cheers

J-W

P.S. (26 August)

Finishing TOE version I added few details also here like controling rods an wings and a handle to go in/iut of cockpit Also painted cockpit around to immitate leather lining. Below is photo with those new details and a family photo of two '25s. 

potez DSC06333potez DSC06331

Edited by JWM
added ps