two-seat venom and vampire - visual differences?

bootneck

I'm trying to find out what the outwardly visible differences are between the two-seat versions of the Vampire and Venom.  Can anyone advise, in not too technical terms please?  Are there any diagrams available of the two?

cheers

Mike

Thanks.  Would that mean the fuselage and booms are basically the same?  I want to convert a vampire to a venom and I'm not that fussed by uber-accuracy.

Mike

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Thanks.  Would that mean the fuselage and booms are basically the same?  I want to convert a vampire to a venom and I'm not that fussed by uber-accuracy.

Mike

No, the fuselages are very different. The venom fuselage is longer for starters, then the different variants of Vampire and Venom two seaters are different - radome on the Venom Twins for starters (onoly on NF Vampire, but a different shape). Even the Vampire two seaters have a very different shaped forward fuselage between NF and T versions.

Ah well, that's put paid to that idea.  I might have a go at scratchbuilding one if I can find a g.a. diagram with dimensions.

Thanks again.

Mike

Hi Boot neck 

Cyber hobby did a two seater Dh Venom  night fighter  in there 72nd scale range but Hannants do not have any at the moment

you could try another source. 

Geoff Arnold  

World helicopter SIG 

Thanks both but the scale I would build this to is 1:144.  I hadn't mentioned the scale previously as I was just trying to find what external differences were between the two types.  I have just bought the Mark1 models DH Vampire FB.5 and thought it might be a simple job to convert to a Venom; that then led on to me considering a two seat Vampire or Venom etc.

Cheers

Mike

16 hours ago, Geoff Arnold said:

Cyber hobby did a two seater Dh Venom  night fighter  in there 72nd scale 

Cyberhobby made something that vaguely resembled a Venom shape, even Trumpeter would say that kits a bit off.

To answer the OP 

Different aeroplane entirely, new wing booms & tail plane

Heavier landing gear

Fuselage pod longer

Larger circumference engine cowl as the Ghost is a lot bigger than the Goblin

Some commonality with systems and black boxery but nothing airframe or engine.