Matilda MK.III/IV - Finished

Carius

Hi folks, 

It's been some time since my last posts, my apologies. This is a model that I started on some time ago, but now I'll finish it (together with my FT-17 1/16 :coolio:). I love the caunter scheme, but I decided to build my Matilda with a flat "Camouflage Pattern Number 2", to get away from the current Matildas with CS camo normally used by modelers today (because they are more attractive, indeed) . I will added only a photo etched by Voyager Model (35300) and 2 Pounder and Besa metal barrels from Lion Mark.

My first steps:

gGJJHEF.jpg

gGEDQfW.jpg

Well, my idea for the paintjob with some examples from my book "Tanks of World War Two (by Jean Restayn - Histoire & Collections"):

NMzdYtZ.jpg

8Rc8ODF.jpg

zcT1mae.jpg

Or...

xuWcr74.jpg

The plan is to make an aggressive weathering like these:

5wKiJaa.jpg

ztDMH0S.jpg

That's all for now...thanks for looking!

I would like to receive help from Matilda's experts :fight:, please :pray:

Edited by Carius
  • Like 9

Hi Carius. Glad to see you back in the saddle once again. Good luck with the Voyager etch. They make lovely sets, but some of the parts can be very complicated and fiddly.

John.

17 hours ago, Hamden said:

Love the Matilda I'll follow along if you don't mind?

Roger

Sure my friend. I thank your interest.

16 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Carius. Glad to see you back in the saddle once again. Good luck with the Voyager etch. They make lovely sets, but some of the parts can be very complicated and fiddly.

John.

Thanks John. I appreciate your advice :)

7 hours ago, Kris B said:

Very rare painting scheme on the forums. Keep it going. 

Oh yes Cris, my intention is to do something different from others modellers. 

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Welcome back to forum, A nice subject, and a change to the WW2, following with interest the process ...:popcorn:

Cheers Cesar :cheers:

Many thanks my friend. 

Cheers :cheers:

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Looks like a nice job for chipping on the  scheme judging by the photos, I'm looking forward to a tutorial 

Glynn

You are right Glynn. I thank your interest too.

Edited by Carius

I am not a "Matilda expert" Cesar, so i can't provide any sage advice here. It is interesting to see the new Tamiya Matilda being built and being built in a non Caunter scheme (Caunter seems to be obligatory for Matildas for some strange reason). Good to see you back at the bench ;)

On 17/08/2017 at 2:03 AM, Gremlin56 said:

I am not a "Matilda expert" Cesar, so i can't provide any sage advice here. It is interesting to see the new Tamiya Matilda being built and being built in a non Caunter scheme (Caunter seems to be obligatory for Matildas for some strange reason). Good to see you back at the bench ;)

Thanks my friend. Although more attractive and interesting CS camo, I prefer to innovate a little in this case, since many desert Matildas were not painted with CS camo, like the photos above.

Cheers

On 17/08/2017 at 3:40 AM, PlaStix said:

Looking forward to following another of your masterpieces in progress. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for looking Stix. 

More news tonight :)

Some progress. This Matilda 35300 model from Tamiya is a hight quality kit, very different from the old 35024 (with many incorrect details and out of scale). The parts are excellent, well molded, have a perfect fit, and this all makes for an easy and quick assembly.  So, I think that, I only need to make few improvements in the kit. using partially the Voyager Model detail set...

77zAgqP.jpg

ixoZMc8.jpg

SfxVXik.jpg

Edited by Carius
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Does look sharp Carius :like:

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard!

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very good point of the 2 Matildas of Tamiya, I take note of the references, in case I do any one day ...:popcorn:

Cheers Cesar :thumbsup2:

Hi Francis, the old Tamiya Matilda 35024 have many defects indeed, but the new ones is fantastic IMHO.

Cheers my friend 

Edited by Carius