A330 Wingtip paint help

Soloturk

Hello all,

I'm trying to find out about painting the flat bit on a A330 wingtip. I'm talking about the 'horizontal' bit that joins onto the wing. Would this actually be the grey continuing on from the wing?

I can't find much close up pictures but it looks like it is the same light grey from the wings and the 'vertical' bit if you like would be white (for the one I'm doing)

Any help appreciated!

James

I don't claim to have studied every picture of an A330 on the internet but the answer to your question is most likely yes.   On most A330/340s with "non-grey" winglets (so to speak) the colour ends at the base of the actual winglet and the small portion of the wing which Revell include as part of the model winglet will be painted grey. The common layout is shown on this Dragonair example.  Airliners.net has 48,995 photos of the A330-300 alone so there should be something to guide you!

• Like 1

James not sure what you are referring to, when you say "horizontal", do you mean the extension of the wing before the vertical wing tip?

If so then yes it is just the same colour as the wing, and don't forget there are walkarounds right here on BM that may help

It also may depend on which scheme you are building, some airlines may paint the 'winglet' a colour related to the scheme.

China Eastern use have their logo on the winglet with wing colour as the background colour

Wingtip_device_on_a_China_Eastern_Airlin

While Swiss is white with logo on it

6204303511_4cfe069282_b.jpg

• Like 1

Graeme H - Yes thats what I mean, the tip itself is white like the Swiss example but I was wondering about the bit that joins on to the wing on the kit, which I was wondering if it is part of the wing itself. I shall paint that grey then.

Thank you all for the help just the answers I was looking for, thank you!

James.