Kissimee Texan

Paul J

Hi all.

My entry for this Gb There may be another one or two if I don't lose that mojo!!!!

This one is going to be of the Texan I flew in back in August 2000 from Kissimee and operated by Warbird adventures.  It might be a long build in between others. So, to start off, the kit parts.

IMG_4939_zpsao5roucb.jpg

Basically the 1/48th Monogram kit  that was boxed by Revell with a Mustang as a Racer hence the red plastic. No box or decals because they have long, long, gone. And so has the Mustang.  

As you can see a tiny bit of work has been done with primer and part of the cockpit work. I did make a start on this several years ago but it lay abandoned until now so I hope that the work doen so far will be permitted.

IMG_4940_zpssp7niuxq.jpg

To do N452WA, I found the nearest decals for it were these by Belcher Bits decals.  I need to get some bright green paint for the broad wing and fuselage bands and somehow find suitable sized digits to do the aircraft reggie. Its the top one in tha above image coded 'WD 41'  .Sorry about he pic being a bit blurry, didn't realise at the time.

IMG_4939_zpsao5roucb.jpg

A little bit at a time but will progress more now I am inspired.

• Like 2

Pics of progress. All self evident of what has been done so far...

005_zpsyoquo5te.jpg

006_zps5pguy8yz.jpg

007_zpss2u6xs5m.jpg

008_zpsnx6xvbju.jpg.

009_zpsvmt1sqv7.jpg

Re the cockpit detail, I really do not recall the IP layout or the actual colouring. Without the video of the actual flight and stills of it I took at the time , it is hard for me to portray it internally accurately. So I will build as per kit. When I find the pics I'll see if it makes any difference but I will be happy however it turns out. But the main finish I want to show is the external colours of the Texan as it was August 2000.

• Like 1

She's coming along well Paul. The first thing that struck me when I flew in my first T-6 in Canada was how "agricultural" the fittings were....the rudder pedals were great slaps of metal, the trim control looked like cast iron etc, not a lot of finesse, but she was a very stable plane to fly.

Max 

A little but more....

IMG_2005_zpswjmjzjgb.jpg

Airframe coming together.

IMG_2006_zpszepevn72.jpg

Behind the firewall... alll of which will be hidden so I didn't do anything special here.

IMG_2007_zps9qlc5kwg.jpg

What this GB is all about!  I think the paint work needs a liitle more... not sure.

Off to do a little bit more this evening... all to unwind and get todays work out of my system!

• Like 2

Slowly coming along. Temporarily on its undercart legs. Cowling fitted, all primed and ready for main colour scheme.Still need to sek out my photos. Found some on line of N452Wa andone or two show silver dope and others light grey. I do recall it was in the grey with green bands when I flew in her.

IMG_2038_zpslmv7ftjy.jpg

IMG_2039_zps64vk174f.jpg

Flaps are fitted loosely at the moment and drooped as per kit. May leave them that way. Have left the Monogram stamp and date on underside of starboard tailplane.  'Cos I can and serves as reminder.:D

• Like 1

Work on this one is on pause for the moment. I still need to hunt down my original pics taken in 2000 to get some detail right before I push on with it. Meanwhile work continues apace on my Nordair Connie....