19 hours ago, crushkill said:

Hey guys there’s no pressure from me!

I’ve just been living vicariously because my skill is so far off from what we’re all watching.  I know it’ll be years before I’m able to build her, and I’ve enjoyed watching her come together.

You need to build more CK ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice... I can see to the left of the kit, a group of oil pencils from MIG, in your opinion, how are they, are worth to buy them, so that you use them? ...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :yes:

Hi Francis,

think I bought about 10 of them when they were first released, flesh, brown and green colors ad I hadn't a real plan on what to do with them. Tried them on some figures and was very disappointed because they took longer to dry than oil paint from a tube. I now use them for adding different shades, dot washes that sort of things, not because they are better than oil paint from a tube but because they are handy. You can use tubes just as well and I still use tubes to make washes and filters (not necessarily cheaper though, good oil paint has a price too).

;)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi Francis,

think I bought about 10 of them when they were first released, flesh, brown and green colors ad I hadn't a real plan on what to do with them. Tried them on some figures and was very disappointed because they took longer to dry than oil paint from a tube. I now use them for adding different shades, dot washes that sort of things, not because they are better than oil paint from a tube but because they are handy. You can use tubes just as well and I still use tubes to make washes and filters (not necessarily cheaper though, good oil paint has a price too).

;)

Many thanks for your opinion, I bought one (Red), to test them, besides being discounted, and use it to paint a few flashers.

As you say, I realized that it took a long time to dry, despite being only a few points.

Yes, they have a very practical format, but I really do not see much use, maybe for figures ?, besides I find it quite expensive for what they offer.

Cheers Julian :yes:

• Like 1

This is looking superb Julian I have been following from afar (the wife's IPad actually) but not been able to post much as my computer was down for a month now but should be OK I hope 

Looking forward to the next project to looks like a theme you have going here  B)

beefy 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beefy66 said:

This is looking superb Julian I have been following from afar (the wife's IPad actually) but not been able to post much as my computer was down for a month now but should be OK I hope 

Looking forward to the next project to looks like a theme you have going here  B)

beefy 

Hi Keith, you seem to be having awful problems with your computer, hope that you have it solved now. Yes, doing some builds using state of art models of a trio of US armor that I first built about 25 years ago (All Tamiya issues at that time). Bought some goodies online. I'll post some pics this weekend,

;)

1 hour ago, Kris B said:

Looks like nearly finish. Not a big fan of modern US army vehicles, but yours is looking good. 

Hi there Chris, yes working on weathering and still have some crewmen to paint. I have to agree that the Bradley evidently isn't a very popular track to build judging by the builds online. I have had a soft spot for them since I bought Tamiya's model of the infantry Bradley years and years ago (this one is turning out a lot better than the build I did back then).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi Keith, you seem to be having awful problems with your computer, hope that you have it solved now. Yes, doing some builds using state of art models of a trio of US armor that I first built about 25 years ago (All Tamiya issues at that time). Bought some goodies online. I'll post some pics this weekend,

;)

Hi there Chris, yes working on weathering and still have some crewmen to paint. I have to agree that the Bradley evidently isn't a very popular track to build judging by the builds online. I have had a soft spot for them since I bought Tamiya's model of the infantry Bradley years and years ago (this one is turning out a lot better than the build I did back then).

It’s not popular because we don’t even like it! 

That’s not entirely true, but Scouts operate heavy (on Brads) and light (on trucks or dismounted).

I’ve spent almost my entire career light so the Brad just seems like a big target to me. That being said, sometimes that 25mm cannon is exactly what you need.  And she’s fun to shoot!!

• Like 1

37817946221_c2a0497990_b.jpg

Got home from work today to a special package!

The best part is when my wife saw them she was like, “Well it looks like you need to go buy a new kit”

Looks like I may be jumping on this train sooner than I thought!

Thanks again, a truly special gift

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, crushkill said:

37817946221_c2a0497990_b.jpg

Got home from work today to a special package!

The best part is when my wife saw them she was like, “Well it looks like you need to go buy a new kit”

Looks like I may be jumping on this train sooner than I thought!

Thanks again, a truly special gift

Hi there CK,

glad the decals arrived undamaged. Have fun building your own miniature CrushKill. Once again thanks for the advice given during my build. I hope to round off the weathering this weekend leaving just the two crew members to build.

:D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Looking very sweet Gremlin, and nice and dusty too.

Simon.

Welcome back Simon :D

23 minutes ago, crushkill said:

Oooooooh she’s looking good!

Thank you Ck ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Julian. Hope you are well. That is looking great. Always impressed by the realistic finishies you achieve. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi there Stix,

thank you ;)

7 hours ago, Dads203 said:

That’s right on the mark Julian, awesome work fella :yes:

Dan 

Thank you very much Dan :D

17 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I really like how the painting and weathering have turned out, very nice job

Glynn

Thank you Glynn, not up to your very enviable mixture of "weathered but neat" shown on your heavy tractor build though ;)

• Thanks 1