2 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks Francis,

They turned out okay didn't they. I'll pass the good wishes on to Mrs. Gremlin56 ;)

Ok CK, should be enough for me to work on, I'll build it up slowly.

Cheers

Julian

Thanks Stix,

Its a first for me building something and getting advice from the TC of the real Track, rather intimidating really :undecided:

We had green ERA blocks!  The blocks got changed out weekly it seemed like (due to damage) so it was a regular calico, no pictures unfortunately. No worries though it looks fantastic!

If anyone should be intimidated it’s me!  Eventually I’m gonna try and build her and I’ve not only got the real thing to compare to, but now your excellent example, talk about pressure! 😂

Edited by crushkill
Typos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, crushkill said:

We had green ERA blocks!  The blocks got changed out weekly it seemed like (due to damage) so it was a regular calico, no pictures unfortunately. No worries though it looks fantastic!

If anyone should be intimidated it’s me!  Eventually I’m gonna try and build her and I’ve not only got the real thing to compare to, but now your excellent example, talk about pressure! 😂

If you pass on your snail mail address to me via my PM  I'll get a couple of decal sheets sent to you next weekend.

Good to hear the green blocks are accurate. They looked very pale green on the photos of other tracks you sent to me so I toned them right down to a pale green, seems to give a better appearance.

Cheers,

Julian

1 minute ago, Gremlin56 said:

If you pass on your snail mail address to me via my PM  I'll get a couple of decal sheets sent to you next weekend.

Good to hear the green blocks are accurate. They looked very pale green on the photos of other tracks you sent to me so I toned them right down to a pale green, seems to give a better appearance.

Cheers,

Julian

They look great,those scratches look good too!  Nothing (to me) looks better than a vehicle that shows its use.  Something about a spotless vehicle just rubs me wrong.  Probably from so many years in the Army, the easiest way for us to judge someone is to look at their equipment.  If it’s perfect and shiny it means they don’t use it

PM sent.

Also, it’s evident in some of my photos, or if you google the Bradley and look at images you’ll see it readily, but there are 3 very distinct exhaust (black) stains on a Brad:

From the exhaust pipe running around that general area, a small one running directly up the turret under the TC hatch coming from the vents beneath and then around the 240C port.  The Coax gun throws out TONS of carbon and stains the whole area

Duly noted CK, the exhaust stain is very small, I'll take care not to exaggerate when painting it, thanks for the details !

;)

Meng provide clear glass and blue tinted glass for the protective screens around the TC and gunners hatch, which color is correct?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Duly noted CK, the exhaust stain is very small, I'll take care not to exaggerate when painting it, thanks for the details !

;)

Meng provide clear glass and blue tinted glass for the protective screens around the TC and gunners hatch, which color is correct?

Clear

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Lovely detailing Julian, and to have such detailed information from CK is fantastic keep it up this is very enjoyable.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard, It's turned out to be a very enjoyable build. The real fun starts when I apply the decals and turn the Bradley into Crush Kill. ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crushkill said:

Those tracks look amazing!

It’s awesome to see “C27” on the front too! Great work!

Thanks CK, just trying out the decals, they are more fragile than "regular"decals and the film they are on is slightly thicker than I am used to. Haven't dared to try setting liquids :worry:

1 minute ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks CK, just trying out the decals, they are more fragile than "regular"decals and the film they are on is slightly thicker than I am used to. Haven't dared to try setting liquids :worry:

Fragile is actually good in this one instance... all of our markings are done by hand; usually look pretty bad when up close, some tears and smudges would enhance this look rather than hurt it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Etienne said:

Great update ... how did you deal with the tracks in the end ?

E

It was more work than I expected. I ended up giving the tracks a bath in burnishing liquid and them buffing them to remove the black layer. I used Lifecolor liquid pigments rust colors to lay down a couple of thin coats on the tracks, let them dry and then ran an earbud soaked in the pigment remover down the tracks to make the rubber pads black again. This part I sealed in with mat varnish. Then I used Lifecolor liquid pigments road dust to lay down a single coat on the road side of the tracks. Then a second light clean up with pigment remover and finally a coat of varnish. I will probably add more pigments on final weathering but so far I am quite happy with the result :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, crushkill said:

Fragile is actually good in this one instance... all of our markings are done by hand; usually look pretty bad when up close, some tears and smudges would enhance this look rather than hurt it

Ok, I will try to avoid that though, nice to be able to read the names I apply ;)

• Like 1

Wow

Setting the standard here with pure magic!!

So many great little touches...

Reckon you can give up your day job and start producing personalised vehicle for US forces, I believe there are one or two ......  ;-)

Kev

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, longshanks said:

Wow

Setting the standard here with pure magic!!

So many great little touches...

Reckon you can give up your day job and start producing personalised vehicle for US forces, I believe there are one or two ......  ;-)

Kev

Thank you kind sir, really enjoying this, might go looking for an Abrams TC/instructor to help me build my M1TUSK (or a Marine AAVP-7A1 TC/instructor) ;)

32 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thank you kind sir, really enjoying this, might go looking for an Abrams TC/instructor to help me build my M1TUSK (or a Marine AAVP-7A1 TC/instructor) ;)

My next door neighbor!  Let me know, I can probably get some great references for you

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crushkill said:

My next door neighbor!  Let me know, I can probably get some great references for you

I'l keep that in mind CK, sounds good. Let me finish Crush Kill first though, I get sidetracked quite easily :undecided:

• Like 1

This is looking very interesting and well detailed not been able to get on much because of my PC not being very well but hope that is all sorted so I can continue to follow this without interruption now

beefy

• Like 1