This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

crushkill    77

Also, I shared this thread with the crew of CrushKill and they are blown away with what you’ve done so far.  Great work!  You’re truly gifted in your skill and inspiring to watch!

Gremlin56    5,940

Thanks CK,

working on that now. The TOW launcher names are visible in the down position and not in the launch position, correct?

Think i have all the necessary marking information, now to get it all to fit on a sheet of decal film. Glad to hear that your colleagues like the build too, just a pity I didn't buy the Cav version instead of the infantry mover, then it would have been even more accurate. The small detail differences will only be evident to the "connoisseurs"  though so it shouldn't be a big issue.

cheers,

Julian

Gremlin56    5,940

Decal sheet mk.1:

IMG_0688.jpg

Tactical markings and velcro strips, just need to add the Crazy Horse logo. Feed back welcome on velcro strips, enough or more needed?

:D

Gremlin56    5,940

This is the final version, will try printing it this afternoon:

proof_copyright.jpg

:penguin:

Made some very minor adjustments after dry fitting the logo's etc. Looks like things are good to go :yes:

crushkill    77

Only thing to change with the lettering would be the font, not a huge deal, but out stencils look more like Arial Bold rather than the stencil font, again not a big deal.

As far as the names on the TOW Launcher, when down the names would face straight out, when raised the names would face the sky.

Finally, the Velcro:

37216349546_5fde5b62a7_b.jpg

It runs all the way around the base of the bustle rack, bottom of the TOW (or top when raised, just like crew names) and base of the CIV.

37234530772_a87baa8efb_b.jpg

On the front it runs down next to the gun then out to the edge.  This is C22 and you can see the Velcro on his turret.

37405815075_aac36acf34_b.jpg

This is Crush Kill, and you can just barely see the Velcro at the bottom, but I wanted to point out, we cut around the bolts cause it looked better than way.  

If you’re putting the ERA armor on the turret then don’t worry about the Velcro on the front as it would be covered up.

Gremlin56    5,940

Changing the font is simple, will change that. The two lengths of green strip will be enough for the bustle and turret.

Where do you put the rear vehicle ID's when airco units are fitted? On the rear mudflaps?

I made a test sheet this afternoon that is now drying. I'll give it a test this week before running up some final prints.

crushkill    77
1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Changing the font is simple, will change that. The two lengths of green strip will be enough for the bustle and turret.

Where do you put the rear vehicle ID's when airco units are fitted? On the rear mudflaps?

I made a test sheet this afternoon that is now drying. I'll give it a test this week before running up some final prints.

Yeah on the mudflaps, which are usually pretty banged up (if you look at my photos you can see they’re torn and bent).

Usually we weren’t too worried about bumper numbers overseas, each vehicle had so much personality that you could identify a truck just by looking at it and know exactly who the crew was.