She’s looking goooooooooood.

Couple things: the tarp looks awesome!  We normally would lay it down and jump on it to squish it down in the rack.

The cushions on the gunner and TC hatches are painted black (and lifesavers, can’t tell you how many times mine dropped on my head)

Also, if it’s not included or you don’t have the parts, don’t worry, but the mesh protection in front of the IBAS is also in front of the CIV.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, longshanks said:

Looking very business like.....

You must be well pleased with the way this is developing

Kev

Hi Kev,

certainly, looking forward to the paint job. The weathering of the Bradleys in Iraq seems rather subtle (at least on CK's photos and in the reference material I have), scratched and faded sides, some chipping and staining on the front (CK mentioned that they used the Bradleys to take out walls on a regular basis :yikes:) and lots of dust.

;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crushkill said:

She’s looking goooooooooood.

Couple things: the tarp looks awesome!  We normally would lay it down and jump on it to squish it down in the rack.

The cushions on the gunner and TC hatches are painted black (and lifesavers, can’t tell you how many times mine dropped on my head)

Also, if it’s not included or you don’t have the parts, don’t worry, but the mesh protection in front of the IBAS is also in front of the CIV.  

Thank you,

I was afraid you would say that about the Tarp :D, put it upright to be able to stow more stuff in the bustle using CA glue. I might take some "artistic liberty" here ;)

The cushions are still to be painted, hadn't forgotten those (certainly no fun getting a hatch on the head even with a cushion).

There is no mesh supplied with the kit for the CIV but I have some PE screens in my spares box. Does the mesh cover the whole face of the CIV or only the two round apertures?

I also have three antenna bases added on the turret but I think that only two antennas where fitted (very tall with a ball on the end), is that correct CK?

Nearing the point where I can add decals. The Crazy Horse emblem goes on the left hand side of the bustle (behind the TOW launcher), is that the only place you have the emblem painted on or is there

a location on the right hand side?

Loads of questions and thanks for answering them CK,

;)

6 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thank you,

I was afraid you would say that about the Tarp :D, put it upright to be able to stow more stuff in the bustle using CA glue. I might take some "artistic liberty" here ;)

The cushions are still to be painted, hadn't forgotten those (certainly no fun getting a hatch on the head even with a cushion).

There is no mesh supplied with the kit for the CIV but I have some PE screens in my spares box. Does the mesh cover the whole face of the CIV or only the two round apertures?

I also have three antenna bases added on the turret but I think that only two antennas where fitted (very tall with a ball on the end), is that correct CK?

Nearing the point where I can add decals. The Crazy Horse emblem goes on the left hand side of the bustle (behind the TOW launcher), is that the only place you have the emblem painted on or is there

a location on the right hand side?

Loads of questions and thanks for answering them CK,

;)

Feel free to take some liberties!

36960758894_a266cffa76_z.jpg

This is the best photo I could find of our CIV, grainy but you can see the mesh (and the frame around it).

So the tracks come with all three antenna bases, the two long antennas are for radios and the short one is for a computer system that we didn’t use.  We had the antenna, put it on sometimes (just so we wouldn’t lose it) but it wasn’t necessary.  The long ones were a must though.

Correct, Crazyhorse only goes on the left side behind the TOW.

• Like 3

13/10 update.

Turret assembly nearly finished. Base coat sprayed on and first home brew decals applied:

DSCN5404.jpg

DSCN5405.jpg

DSCN5406.jpg

DSCN5407.jpg

DSCN5408.jpg

DSCN5409.jpg

The mesh has been fitted to the CIV, will see about a frame later, Tried to remove the tarp but nearly plooked the entire bustle so it stays this way I am afraid. The decals seem a tad thick but I'll attack them with decals fluids later on. The weathering will blend them in more as well.

:D

• Like 6

20 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

It is incredible the sophisticated that the turret looks, it should not be cheap, maybe cost a little more than a kit of Meng or Takom ... lol :D

:popcorn:, cheers Julian :yes:

Hi Francis, it does look rather intricate, maybe even a bit cluttered. It think that comes with adding things onto the original design for several upgrades.

;)

14/10 update.

Final bits and pieces added. Paintwork, touch ups and very nearly all the decals. Very close to weathering now:

PA141325.jpg

PA141326.jpg

PA141327.jpg

PA141328.jpg

PA141329.jpg

PA141330.jpg

PA141331.jpg

PA141332.jpg

PA141334.jpg

PA141338.jpg

Time for a well deserved glass of wine I think :coolio:

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fantastic Julian, I can almost smell the diesel fumes.

Thank you Ozzy, a rather hefty diesel so lots of fumes mate. ;)

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

I also hope to see the weathering, although everything in its time, without pressure ...:fight:

Cheers Julian :D

No pressure Francis but here's a sneak preview. "Crush Kill" is still drying after the first filter being put on:

20171015_162304.jpg

20171015_162325.jpg

20171015_162333.jpg

Next build lying upside down in front, wonder what that could be :P

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Next build lying upside down in front, wonder what that could be

Landing craft.... obvious in'it !!

Looking quite a beast, next time you post can you put a standing figure alongside to give us an idea of size

One of your special paint jobs is going to bring this alive....

Kev

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Landing craft.... obvious in'it !!

Looking quite a beast, next time you post can you put a standing figure alongside to give us an idea of size

One of your special paint jobs is going to bring this alive....

Kev

I'll call it close (sort of Kev). Special paint jobs? Oh dear, that's a tall peak to scale, I am generally happy if I don't s***w things up too much :think:

I have ordered standing figures to go with my "Tusky II" next build, along with Merdec paint sets and other odds and ends to prettify my plastic antics.

How are things going at the shipyard?

:D

• Like 1

I would say you have been under pressure throughout this build with crushkill looking over your shoulder.....

Seems to me you feed of the pressure

7 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

How are things going at the shipyard?

Puffer finished and installed in lock, frame is a WIP

Kev

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, longshanks said:

I would say you have been under pressure throughout this build with crushkill looking over your shoulder.....

Seems to me you feed of the pressure

Puffer finished and installed in lock, frame is a WIP

Kev

Funny you should say that Kev, didn't feel like there was any pressure, actually quite an enjoyable experience. This is a unique chance to build a model of the real deal with help and advice from the track commander, someone who has lived in, driven and fired a 1/1 scale Bradley. Caleb has been very helpful in a restrained way pointing out how things should be but accepting the occasional "artistic outburst".

The Barnacle is a brilliant build Kev, the little Puffer that could ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Funny you should say that Kev, didn't feel like there was any pressure, actually quite an enjoyable experience. This is a unique chance to build a model of the real deal with help and advice from the track commander, someone who has lived in, driven and fired a 1/1 scale Bradley. Caleb has been very helpful in a restrained way pointing out how things should be but accepting the occasional "artistic outburst".

The Barnacle is a brilliant build Kev, the little Puffer that could ;)

Hey guys there’s no pressure from me!

I’ve just been living vicariously because my skill is so far off from what we’re all watching.  I know it’ll be years before I’m able to build her, and I’ve enjoyed watching her come together.

• Like 2