7 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

This is looking very interesting and well detailed not been able to get on much because of my PC not being very well but hope that is all sorted so I can continue to follow this without interruption now

beefy

Hi Keith, nothing more irritating than a computer that isn't behaving itself. ;)

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 6:54 AM, Ripaman said:

Looking very sharp Julian :like:

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard :D

On 10/4/2017 at 6:33 PM, FrancisGL said:

A solid work, consistent looks, sure that when finished, will look like the original.:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :yes:

Thank you Francis, making progress now. ;)

6/10 update.

Working on the turret basket and the turret. I got slightly sidetracked by the Abrams tracks, couldn't resist taking a closer look after all the bad press these tracks got on-line. They don't really "fall together" but the detailing is very nice :yahoo:It will be boring putting both tracks together though. Finally printed two sets of Crush Kill decals for CK, will mail them tomorrow.

DSCN5359.jpg

DSCN5361.jpg

DSCN5363.jpg

DSCN5364.jpg

DSCN5365.jpg

DSCN5366.jpg

DSCN5368.jpg

DSCN5369.jpg

;)

• Like 6

Got to agree with Dads203. Wonderful modelling Julian. The tracks do look good but it's a shame the building of them is going to be a bit slow.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Awesome work Julian, one of your best so far fella :yes:

Thank you Dan, that's a big compliment and one very much appreciated,

Cheers

Julian

58 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Got to agree with Dads203. Wonderful modelling Julian. The tracks do look good but it's a shame the building of them is going to be a bit slow.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi there Stix, thank you very much. I think the input from CK adds a lot here, his experiences in Iraq must have been rather disturbing yet he adds details to the thread and build here in a very pleasant and straight forward way.

He mentioned that he is an instructor State side at the moment and I would hazard a guess that he is a very good one.

The tracks are for my next project: the Rye Field Models Abrams with TUSK II package (I remember building Tamiya's Yukon Jack about 30 years ago. The Rye Field Offering is  much more refined  compared to that build).

19 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Great job Julian!!!

After watching your build I couldn't resist and bought the Meng M3A3, but will try to build that as one used in Germany.

Good for you ! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying this build. Will you be posting a blog?

cheers

Julian

• Like 1

The front mudguards I like a lot, the weathering that you have applied, although it is only a small detail, but it looks very real, and very curious, it seems applied from top to bottom, and not the reverse, along with the tracks, a combination winner...

:popcorn:, cheers Julian :yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thank you Dan, that's a big compliment and one very much appreciated,

Cheers

Julian

Hi there Stix, thank you very much. I think the input from CK adds a lot here, his experiences in Iraq must have been rather disturbing yet he adds details to the thread and build here in a very pleasant and straight forward way.

He mentioned that he is an instructor State side at the moment and I would hazard a guess that he is a very good one.

The tracks are for my next project: the Rye Field Models Abrams with TUSK II package (I remember building Tamiya's Yukon Jack about 30 years ago. The Rye Field Offering is  much more refined  compared to that build).

Good for you ! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying this build. Will you be posting a blog?

cheers

Julian

IMPRESSIVE! The mudflaps look perfect!  One small correction on the decals, Crush Kill is in all capitals (CRUSH KILL) we like to be loud about it 😂

I like to think I’m a pretty good instructor, my trainees seem to think so, and it’s been fun to yell and scream all day.

Iraq and Afghanistan were definitely an experience, but I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat and I’ll probably be headed that way in the next little while (currently recovering from an injury, this nondeployable).

I noticed you haven’t done much detail to the turret yet, I have some (not a ton unfortunately) photos of our turret, lemme dig them up and I’ll post them.

• Like 2

37538203071_8e8b347bd0_z.jpg

This is a photo of me goofing around from inside one of our simulators so all of the metal is grey instead of green, but you can see the gunner’s sight in front of me.

37490095526_f69a930c94_b.jpg

The radio and mount (pulled from Google) but both are OD green. With black buttons.

The two boxes on the right side (TC side) of the turret are what holds the 7.62mm ammunition for our coax and are an unpolished metal, so a flat silver/grey mix would work well.  Same with the gun control buttons in front of the gun.  Silver metal, black buttons.

Everything in the turret is severely chipped and worn, when we’re in the tracks we rarely leave them for weeks on end and it’s obvious, that being said if the track is closed up don’t worry too much about it. 

Unfortunately I don’t have any other photos from inside the turret, at least that I could find.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, crushkill said:

IMPRESSIVE! The mudflaps look perfect!  One small correction on the decals, Crush Kill is in all capitals (CRUSH KILL) we like to be loud about it 😂

I like to think I’m a pretty good instructor, my trainees seem to think so, and it’s been fun to yell and scream all day.

Iraq and Afghanistan were definitely an experience, but I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat and I’ll probably be headed that way in the next little while (currently recovering from an injury, this nondeployable).

I noticed you haven’t done much detail to the turret yet, I have some (not a ton unfortunately) photos of our turret, lemme dig them up and I’ll post them.

:D That can be fixed, will make it loud. I am fitting as much as possible to the turret so I can give it the light green base coat before detailing things. Won't be much visible when all is sealed up but it's fun doing.

I am using "M2/M3 Bradley at war" by Micheal Green and James D. Brown  as a reference but if you have more pictures of the interior of the turret they would be welcome.

Cheers

Julian

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blaubar said:

Spectacular progress as always. :penguin:Dint fall asleep while working with the tracks.

Well, to be honest Stefan that was all I made, that tiny little length :unsure::whistle::coolio: Not really enough to be able to fall asleep................................................................................

:D Paint it black like the Stones, black it will be.

If it's getting to look like home it's a realistic build. Meng took some liberties with the keyboard and instrument layouts (according to my reference book ) but all in all did a very good job.

Decals are finished, I ran up an additional sheet with "Crush Kill" in capitals, and have included two sheets so you can share with your crew if they want to build a scale Bradley.

Cheers,

Julian

Decals are underway CK.

• Like 1

Ck, Chris, Francis,

thanks gentlemen, there is some work going on, adding the extra armour plating and ERA on the turret. The frames for the ERA blocks are PE which adds to the looks and the fit as has been the rule during this build is exemplary:

DSCN5389.jpg

DSCN5390.jpg

DSCN5392.jpg

DSCN5394.jpg

:coolio:

The little tube shaped things on the lower edge of the turret are not marital aids BTW but smoke grenade launchers (before someone else thinks of it :P)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Ck, Chris, Francis,

thanks gentlemen, there is some work going on, adding the extra armour plating and ERA on the turret. The frames for the ERA blocks are PE which adds to the looks and the fit as has been the rule during this build is exemplary:

DSCN5389.jpg

DSCN5390.jpg

DSCN5392.jpg

DSCN5394.jpg

:coolio:

The little tube shaped things on the lower edge of the turret are not marital aids BTW but smoke grenade launchers (before someone else thinks of it :P)

Those marital aids have a black rubber cover on them 👍 Also the caved in looking ones are still the rubber covers, they collapse occasionally for no real reason.

Looking stellar as always!

Edited by crushkill
Adding information
  • Like 1