3/9 update.

Bringing out the details inside the Bradley. Applying some decals and dry fitting the turret cage. Awesome fit and awesome detailing by Meng.

DSCN5264.jpg

DSCN5267.jpg

DSCN5268.jpg

DSCN5269.jpg

DSCN5272.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed the GP of Monza, Forza Lewis !

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Very nice interior details, how much will you see?... :popcorn:, cheers Julian 

Hi Francis, this is the dilemma of the model freak. I think it will be possible to see a fraction of the detail that is possible to put into this kit. On the other hand it is fun to add it even if only to tickle yourself :D

41 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It's going well Julian. Do those placards come as part of the kit?

John.

Hi John, this is a remarkably complete kit that includes just about everything (except the kitchen sink).

There is are a couple of unboxings on YouTube that will show how much is included. The placards are included, nearly forgot to answer that question :blush:

;)

• Like 1

8/9 update.

Further work on interior of the Bradley. Started "busying" up the interior with the MRE boxes (Meals rejected by Ethiopians). Started laying down some dust on filters, seats etc.

DSCN5274.jpg

DSCN5275.jpg

DSCN5276.jpg

DSCN5277.jpg

DSCN5278.jpg

DSCN5280.jpg

DSCN5281.jpg

DSCN5283.jpg

B)

• Like 10

14 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice progres, you see a rather "spacious" vehicle, and the driving chamber also seems to be basely diaphanous ...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :yes:

Thanks Francis, looks spacious at the moment and very clean too. Need to do some work there :D

13 hours ago, longshanks said:

Some nice touches there..........

Kev

Thanks mate (those are water bottles and not Vodka ;))

12 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great interior Julian. Love the rations, oh, and if nobody wants the chocolate in there...............:smirk:

John.

Thanks John, I think they are wrong period boxes so the choc maybe rock hard B)

10 hours ago, Kris B said:

Looks really good. Thise tracks are pretty good. Any chance to pass the link to that shop? 

Etienne supplied the link, here it is again for good measure:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/R-Model-30001-1-35-Metal-Track-Pin-For-modern-M2-M3-Bradley-CV-90-warrior-IFV/263128261929?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Cheers

The tracks for the Bradley arrived from Hong Kong today, the Rye field Abrams checked in yesterday:

DSCN5289.jpg

DSCN5290.jpg

DSCN5291.jpg

DSCN5292.jpg

DSCN5293.jpg

DSCN5294.jpg

Still thinking how to paint the tracks, considering a coat of mat varnish and the a very light dust coat. The Abrams looks very interesting despite the very intimidating tracks provided.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Cor! those tracks look the business mate, what are they made of?

The Bradley certainly looks tempting, shame there are not more lifetimes available.

I sensing a Battle Group forming here .....

Kev

Metal track with a vinyl pad fitted, track pins are great as well with a bolt head ready made. Price was very good too. The Abrams, yes, another tempting build, never going to be able to finish everything though :worry:

• Haha 1

Those tracks look fantastic, I've been thinking about getting hold of an MLRS kit. Those tracks would look very nice on it, rather than painting the tracks you could put them in solution that rusts the tracks. I can't remember what it's called but have seen it been used on other metal tracks, the only time my tracks were that shiney were when the track pads needed changing.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy, burnishing liquid, yes, got that. Not sure if I'll use it though. Need to see if I have any spare and experiment with them first I think. In a lot of the pics I have found the tracks look as if they were sprayed yellow and then the paint wore of the rubber pads leaving a just the metal yellow. Probably dust and not paint though........................

• Like 1