Another returnee

Ade H

Hello from West Somerset.

I returned to the hobby a year ago from a 20-year life-gap, having had the same sudden urge as so many others! I'd actually settled on the idea a while before, but the time needed to save up a starting budget was well spent reading sites like this and watching YT videos. And I rarely do anything rapidly, hence only getting around to joining a forum now.

I got a shock when I found that, despite picking up a lot of knowledge, both new and forgotten, I was almost back to square one because there's no substitute for practice! It doesn't help that I tend to be hard on myself and always want perfection. But as the number of kits which dodge the cupboard of embarrassment (or, occasionally, the bin of shame) improves, I console myself that each mistake makes the next build better. Supposedly...

And after finally being able to get an airbrush set-up this summer, I'm working through a backlog of unpainted kits and noting down a ton of questions to ask you good folk! :jabber:

:welcome: aboard Ade - the folks here love answering questions, so don't be shy to pitch up with a load :)  It'll help them if you stick the questions in the right sections though, which is always appreciated ;)

Welcome back Ade... we all had a learning curve coming back. That being said. Im a WW2 aviation guy but expanding to WW1 & Cold war types. Add to that the rare odd piece of armor and hopefully soon ships. If you need help just ask we are pretty friendly here. 

Dennis