R-27T / AA-10 Alamo-B IR version on MiG-29?

Hook

Good morning, 

quick question - does anyone have photos of the IR-guided R-27T / AA-10 Alamo-B used operationally on the MiG-29?

The heatseeking variant is an option in a number of kits, but I can't for the life of me find actual photos of Fulcrums with anything other than the radar guided R-27R / AA-10 Alamo-A subtypes. 

TIA!, cheers,

Andre 

Edit: topic corrected as per Ryans post

Edited by Hook

4 hours ago, Hook said:

God morning, 

quick question - does anyone have photos of the IR-guided R-27R / AA-10 Alamo-B used operationally on the MiG-29?

The heatseeking variant is an option in a number of kits, but I can't for the life of me find actual photos of Fulcrums with anything other than the radar guided R-27T / AA-10 Alamo-A subtypes. 

TIA!, cheers,

Andre 

You mean R-27T IR AA-10 Alamo?. That is the IR version and the R is the radar one. 

I've never seen it on the MiG-29 either...

Some sources stated that for improved kill probability, both R & T misseles would have been fired together. That would been both woukd rely on the same semi active guidance un the beginning, no?

26 minutes ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

You mean R-27T IR AA-10 Alamo?. That is the IR version and the R is the radar one. 

You're right - thanks for the correction, post adjusted. 

Cheers,

Andre

8 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I've never seen it on the MiG-29 either...

Some sources stated that for improved kill probability, both R & T misseles would have been fired together. That would been both woukd rely on the same semi active guidance un the beginning, no?

Indeed. However, photographic evidence of the IR version being carried at all  by the Fulcrum, let alone in combination with a radar guided one on the other side, seem rather thin on the ground. 

Perhaps the doctrine changed with the advent of the R-73..?

Cheers,

Andre