Revell He-219 (1973 issue)

This was a gift from a neighbor that had cleaned out his attic and found the kit.  The only part I didn't use was the "DF" loop.  I scratched one from .013 Ethicon Stainless.  The decals are all aftermarket.  This is model #23 for the year.  The Monogram (Hitchcock) Color Guide book was used as reference.

IMG_2207_zpscc0xeba2.jpg

IMG_2208_zpsipppvieo.jpg

IMG_2209_zpsc3gxfbrn.jpg

IMG_2210_zpscu7x0ibt.jpg

• Like 31

Twenty-three!?  That's nigh on three a month and to a standard that high?  This last twelve-month I've only managed one styrene kit and 1 and 9/10 stick and tissue jobs.  Ease up a bit eh?  You're making the rest of us look like a bunch of idle layabouts. :)   

2 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Looks positively evil which is probably about right - good work!

+1 Full of menace.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Les Moore said:

This is model #23 for the year.  The Monogram (Hitchcock) Color Guide book was used as reference.

It turn out nice. I remember this kit from 70ties - my brother did it when we were at school.

You have a good  score - 23rd at mid August. I am finishing my 16th and 17th...It was similar last year but then I had to pause for three months...- ending year with 18.

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

A great looking Owl Les.  It does have the demeanour of something nasty, like a biting insect of some sort.  I don't think I've seen an all-black Uhu before.  It rather suits it.

• Like 1

That's a marvellous build of this venerable kit. Despite its age you've really breathed new life into it and it comes up looking mighty fine.

Somewhere around in the spare room I'm pretty sure I've still got the one I built back in the early 80s. To this day I remember having to pack every available scrap of space in the nose and engine nacelles with used slug gun pellets and plasticine to make it sit up correctly!

Ahhh, memories.

• Like 1

Hi,

Nice job on the 219! 

I do think the Revell tooling looks better than the FROG one that Revell repopped.  As I've got one of these on the shelf of doom, are there any gotchas to be aware of?

Regards

Martin

• Like 1

Mike:  the biggest problem was getting enough weight in the nose.  The fit of the wings was atrocious.  I did find one photo of an all black 219 and thanks to aftermarket decals was able to come up with the correct side codes.

Putting any time into building or detailing the "engines" is a total waste of time.  Nothing can be seen.

Best of luck when you decide to build yours.

I like it.

Always found this plane interesting to look at.

In spite of its name, it has a rather insect-like look to it, IMHO.

Can only guess how much work is in this, if it is a 70's issue.

:speak_cool:

Edited by kapam