Trumpeter 1/16 Panzer IV type H

• 2 weeks later...

IS REALLY QUITE ANGRY!!!

Your final photos simply aren't good enough. That needs to be sat in some short dry grass with out-of-focus undergrowth in the background!!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, BlackMax12 said:

How do you delete a topic?

Lloyd

:D:D

You can't. (only admin can... I think)

You'll just have to put that thing in some vegetation, take some more photos and post them here. Or else!

Rearguards,

Badder.

No need for a diorama. I wasn't suggesting you made one. I just meant that photographing it on a table in your back garden isn't the best option, and it would look much better with some vegetation around it, even if that vegetation is giant in scale.... Something like this....

895717DSC05274.jpg

Although this would have been better without the plant pot in the background.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

I get the sense that you mistook my 'is really very angry' comment as being a serious criticism of your photos. The photos are fine. Basically, what I've been saying is 'that's a stunning model' and if I were you (and recognising that it's too large a model to appear in a diorama) I'd place it somewhere that would make the model look more like a life-sized tank in a real setting..... rather than on a table with a brick wall, door and windows in the background. That tank in amongst the vegetation, would photograph AS a diorama.

Rearguards,

Badder

I do love the trumpeter build quality. Nice work!! N much better photos as @Badder says.

I find the best way to get photographs of these is to lay on the ground. 

Heres one I took of my RC Opel Blitz 

35920457812_bbd674c0bc_b.jpg

Try getting the camera to the height a man would be and looking up :-). Then Insure a clean background with any foliage in the background being far away. :-) 

keep up the good work!! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to adding the commander's machine gun and just laid a spare on the turret bustle until I figure out where to put it.  I must have lost 

the ammo belt and the ammo sack somewhere as I can't find them.  Since they are loading main gun ammo I suppose the missing mg ammo is ok.

I don't like the usual Tamiya Gunmetal color on machine guns so I tried a 50/50 mix of Tamiya Metallic Grey and NATO Black.  I think it looks metallic but it isn't

as glossy as the Gunmetal and a little darker.

Bj19c8u.jpgDmSRPoX.jpgY2xrpqb.jpgzxrFCau.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackMax12 said:

I don't like the usual Tamiya Gunmetal color on machine guns so I tried a 50/50 mix of Tamiya Metallic Grey and NATO Black.  I think it looks metallic but it isn't

as glossy as the Gunmetal and a little darker.

I can't remember the last time I used Gunmetal for anything.   It's horrible stuff.

Dunno if I mentioned this before to you.....

What I do nowadays is paint my MG's with Dark Iron, then give them a wash with black.  Then I rub them over with a graphite stick/3B pencil and then brush the excess off with a soft brush. This is of course for 1/35th scale.

With yours I'd use the pencil to pick out the hightlights.... 'burnish' around the vents around the barrel, the grip, trigger, etc

Your MGs look great to me though.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

All I have is a HB pencil but I'll try it.  You come up with some great ideas, do you stay up nights thinking them up?

I usually have to ask my "better half" for new ideas.........lol.

I usually use Dark Iron and just leave it at that but I was after a more metallic look with these.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Those photos abroad make them "live", is a very good change, IMHO your definitive scale, is 1/16, although much more expensive than 1/35 and with an undoubted storage problem, your efforts should focus on she...:yes:

Cheers Lloyd :D

56 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

I didn't quite understand what you were saying Francis  ???

Lloyd

It's just an opinion, without any spirit of controversy or criticism, of course, for my personal taste, please, my apologies if I have bothered you in any way.

Your models at 1/16 are one step above 1/35, in detail (obviously), and in weatheing, and may be more enjoyable to do.
I have only seen your PzIV and Su-100, but if it were not for the space they occupy, I would also try to make one of these.

Cheees Lloyd :yes:

Edited by FrancisGL

Francis

Your comment didn't bother me I just didn't and still don't understand what you meant by "you should focus on she..."

Thanks for the other comments though and yes 1/16 is nice, expensive and big.....and I want more.  That Jagdtiger I ordered a month ago still isn't here

and Trumpeter are bringing out a Panther that I need and I can't find a King Tiger at a price I want to pay or a T-34/85...and so on and so on.  I have about 40 1/35 AFVs that

have to move out for their 1/16 cousins too and wondering what to do with them.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12