Heller 1/24 Ferguson TE20 / FF30

Zack

Hi,
I am really enjoying building this kit so far but I have run into problems andwould need advice.
I am at stage 34 where the front wheel arms are supposed to be fitted to a beam in the front of the tractor, but I can simply not get my head arround how this is supposed to work...

This is where I am at right now:
DSC_0147-vi.jpg 

The 2 bolts shown in the drawing are in reality located not 3 holes appart but 4.

The outmost bolt is to close to the wheel hub to be fitted correctly.
The arm (Assembly 33) will be in conflict between the beam and the  beam assembly to the main frame.

DSC_0149-vi.jpg

There is no way the wheel arm can fit in this position without modification.
Any advice is greatly apreciated!

Zack

Edited by Zack
First post incomplete.

Hi Zack,

It is a nice kit to build but as you have found out the front axle beam does not fit as the instructions. I made mine fit by removing material from the engine end of the outer beam by tapering it and then fits further in a per the instructions. The snag then is the trailing arm back to the main housing fouls the clutch housing. The solution that I have seen other people use is to move the outer beam out one or two holes out on the central beam, cut the locators and bolt heads off and reposition then to positions that look as per the real tractor.

The front axle is indeed a problem area, especially if you want to build it with a narrower track setting. Here are two photos from my stock version build (that I haven't so far come round to show in the WIP) hopefully showing how I modified the parts. I chamfered off the outer sections and repositioned the bolts. It's all a bit of a compromise, but looks quite OK on the finished model. I didn't have any problem trailing arms against the clutch housing, but it is dead tight.

G20.jpg

G33.jpg

Hello ocatlub,
thank you for your input! First I was not sure that if I was misstaking or not so I was about to carry on, until you replied!

Hello Bengalensis,
I like the way you modified the relevant parts, and it does look good especially considering the tracking of a narrow front wheel setting.
My concern is that already when moving the arms two boltholes in I get a conflict between the trailing arms and the flywheel housing.
This is how it looks when I move it one bolthole in:
IMG_0564-vi.jpg

Snappy Power tractor ;)
Looking forward to your continue WIP's on those 2.

Zack

Edited by Zack
Mispelled

On my build with the narrow front track it is indeed very tight, but it just worked with microscopical clearance. I can't recall bending or modifying the arms in any way, but it is very tight. I don't remember if the fitting of the arms changes a little when fitted together with the B29 parts, and don't forget part B6 on the right side. A dry fit with these parts involved might change things just the little bit.

I can't find a perfect WIP-photo of this, but here is one on the finished model with the narrow front track.

G00.jpg