Beer Barrel Run - Spitfire LFIX 1/72

CedB

Time for a relaxing build (famous last words, again!). I've had this image on my desktop for some time:

36462798036_c9b5ce7558_z.jpg

JuniorsBeerRun by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Probably a painting but WHAT an image*.

I'm using the Eduard kit for this with the Brengun resin set (BRL72063) from Hannants here. The conversion comes with the barrels, racks and fuel tank (I'll use the kit one as it's better detailed), PE for the straps and transfers for MK329 and MH978. MK329 is Johnny Johnson's so an obvious choice - I'm nothing if not predictable.

Some good references on the Spitfire Site 

There's also a clip of the first eight minutes or so of Johnny on 'This is Your Life' here. Off to watch that...

Oh, I've put some H10 brown on the barrels as 'pre-shading' base coat:

36120934860_78be939b61_z.jpg

More later

* Originally found on in this thread on the PPRune forum it has sadly been hit by the Photobucket ransom and I can't find the original... apologies if I'm infringing anyone's copyright (let me know if so and I'll take it down).

• Like 26

Off again Ced? 

Thought I might be first through the doors on this one, old chap, but I've been beaten to the punch. Must get my fingers typing faster.

Nice, interesting build   heard about thrse beer runs before, good to see one being built. 

Now to find a comfy chair, and draw the publicans attention. 

• Like 2

That picture is a CGI.  I have seen a picture of the beer truck beating up an airfield, trouble is I have too many Spit books to know which one it's in!

Anyway both 1/72 and 1/48 Eduard Royal boxing include this option, and Italeri have a specific "Beer Truck" kit in 1/48.

• Like 1

Only had enough energy to shuffle over from the end of the Halibag saga Ced, can't keep up at my age, so I'll just collapse in a heap  at the back till I get my breath back. Probably on Tuesday...!! Crack on...!!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got the quad kit and it comes with the barrels so would only make sense to build one like that right/

Will be watching to see any pitfalls, oh, and any issues with the kit.

• Like 1

I think you should make an exception to your on the ceiling rule with this one and do a small diorama, the potential is enormous.

Martian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first page is quite full already, hardly any seats left :o!

I was delayed by that bloke by the Pelican crossing selling fresh Izal.

I like it when it's still nice and crisp :).

Great choice Ced, this is going to be fun.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1