Boeing Stratocruiser United Airlines 1/144

Grandboof

Evening All 

My first entry will be this Boeing Stratocruiser  Cliff I will try and get the other two multis done as well [Cargomaster and Carvair] Hope to start this one soon Thanks for allowing me to join 

Martin H

NpXBhiG.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All 

Finally got this started. First indications suggest this may not be as quick as planned. The cockpit clear section needed a bit of convincing to fit . A job for Clearfix Next the wings 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

zwVDlR4.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Evening all 

Time to kick this one along Basic airframe done. A little cleaning on all parts nothing major I have had worse. Seems to be some warpage along the fuselage. This is not going to be the quick build I was hoping for. Oh well best laid plans and all . Plenty of filling sand repeat to be done. More soon Thanks for looking 

Martin H

THI0iTe.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All 

Starting the filling etc. The two holes for the KC-97 refueling booms [ on which this kit was based]  have been filled. The clear cockpit part needed surgery to fit . Thanks for looking 

Martin H

PRUvk8S.jpg 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John_W said:

Is this the kit where they give you a clear nose, and then supply the windows as decals?

Yes There is an option to leave the windows clear with decal for the surrounds or go full decal 

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

16 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Gonna watch this to see how you get on with it, I'm keen to add a Minicraft C-97 to my stock, should be same/similar plastic I think.

Steve.

Hi Steve 

Yes  the same plastic All seemed to based on the KC-97 Kit . Hope I can keep you entertained 

Martin H

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As usual left everything to last minute ( Life Work in the way). So now for the dash. Steve this is the KC-97 kit with new decals . Still has refueling boom etc included. This is the state of play at the moment , Primed with one gap to be filled between flight deck and fuselage then paint 

Martin H

Ri94fTK.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/1/2017 at 8:50 AM, CliffB said:

Hi Martin and a belated welcome to the GB :welcome:

It looks like you could be a strong contender for the GB's (ficticious), 'most installed horse power' award :thumbsup2:

Cliff

I recall reading that the Stratocruiser was dubbed 'The best three-engined aircraft on the north Atlantic.'

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 1