USMC M60A1

This is my take on a M60A1 as used by the US Marine Corps. This would be from the early-mid 80's at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, 29 Palms, California.  I used the trusty Tamiya kit.

The build log is in "Work in Progress". 

DSCF6318_zpsdc1gy081.jpg

DSCF6319_zpsvlagu96q.jpg

DSCF6323_zpscnrncupb.jpg

DSCF6321_zpsulovtpi5.jpg

DSCF6320_zpse9wjxc1h.jpg

DSCF6322_zpscvhzgm8p.jpg

This MERDC camo was just starting to be seen as I left the Corps in '78. I did a stint at 29 Palms as a reserve infantry company commander in '81. We worked with armor and air (naturally) but for the life of me, I cannot remember how the tanks were painted. 

G

• Like 10

A nice work, as I mentioned before in the WIP, I love the MERDC schemes, and combined with the M60 are an irresistible combination (IMHO ... lol), definitely this is a project that I have to do, although not exactly the same .
I hope I stay at least as good as yours ...:yes:, cheers G.

14 hours ago, AgentG said:

but for the life of me, I cannot remember how the tanks were painted. 

Welcome to the world of the failing memory!!

Nice job on the camouflage.

John.

• Like 1

Not a fan of M60s or M47 style vehicles but this looks really good.  The browns and sands really work and even an older Tamiya can look

great with some TLC.  Sure beats the crap out of the normal green paint jobs these tanks seem to get.

Just went and looked at your WIP and didn't realize this was brush painted.  You do a better job than I can with an airbrush, you're hired!!

My house needs painting so bring your brush(s), Nevada isn't too far south and it is getting cooler here.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

8 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Not a fan of M60s or M47 style vehicles but this looks really good.  The browns and sands really work and even an older Tamiya can look

great with some TLC.  Sure beats the crap out of the normal green paint jobs these tanks seem to get.

Just went and looked at your WIP and didn't realize this was brush painted.  You do a better job than I can with an airbrush, you're hired!!

My house needs painting so bring your brush(s), Nevada isn't too far south and it is getting cooler here.

Lloyd

Thanks gents!

Lloyd, I was just too lazy to mask all that elaborate camo. I'm good with a big brush as well. Cooler is quite the incentive right now. 

G