1/72 Airfix P51-D Mustang blue nose.

Like a couple of other recent RFI threads, this was started as it looked like an easy stress free kit. I built it alongside the Airfix Skytrain which is still giving me some real problems so I needed something to enjoy. I hadn't intended to put it here, but it was such a nice build and the cockpit is so detailed for a little 1/72 I thought it might encourage chaps to get it out of their stash.

36331115822_da0f806869_z.jpg

36362151691_f7b30c288b_z.jpg

36362149131_29bbfaae50_z.jpg

36331112462_bd7c979474_z.jpg36362147601_a4b43ba3a6_z.jpg

Doh! Just noticed the crooked wheel.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Nice job Vinnie, I've done a couple of these now & they do go together very nicely, as long as you get all the small bits off the sprue in one piece. :( The wonky undercart is a foible of theirs but in both mine, I found once I'd bent them straight they stayed that way OK. I don't have this boxing but seeing how well yours has come up, maybe I need to rectify that.

Steve.

• Like 1

That is very impressive! Very well done. :thumbsup:

I built the starter set version of this kit and found it to be a bit of a pain in some areas. I'm glad you had a good experience with your version.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice job Vinnie, I've done a couple of these now & they do go together very nicely, as long as you get all the small bits off the sprue in one piece. :( The wonky undercart is a foible of theirs but in both mine, I found once I'd bent them straight they stayed that way OK. I don't have this boxing but seeing how well yours has come up, maybe I need to rectify that.

Steve.

Thanks, Steve. your comments are much appreciated, and yes I broke the joystick, aerial and a couple of other tiny bits. Managed to repair them except for the aerial. Bit of stretched sprue for that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is very impressive! Very well done. :thumbsup:

I built the starter set version of this kit and found it to be a bit of a pain in some areas. I'm glad you had a good experience with your version.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks, Stix. From the builder of that fabulous Mosquito diorama, I take that as a huge compliment. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Nice little mustang, I had the same wheel alignment issues on my on seems to be common with this molding

Thanks, Neil. It is indeed a very nice little kit. Highly recommended as a stress reliever.

Nice work there Vinnie. That wheel'l be a simple enough correction.

For a moment with the ripping glass tabletop I though that this was a 'ditching in the drink' diorama! 

:D

Tony

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UKguyInUSA said:

Lovely job, Vinnie...I love that blue nosed version, it pops against the NMF, really nice! Cheers :)

Thanks, UKguy. I thought I needed to liven up my display shelves. They are full of dark brown/green/olive and black. This did the job. Cheers mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Nice work there Vinnie. That wheel'l be a simple enough correction.

For a moment with the ripping glass tabletop I though that this was a 'ditching in the drink' diorama! 

:D

Tony

Thanks, Tony, I appreciate your comments. With regards to the 'ditching in the drink', I took another look and yes, I can see possibilities there. Not sure if 'herself' would allow the table top to be used and abused for that. Thinking about it, change not sure, for 'absolutely NO'! Ho hum, back to the bench.:evil_laugh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...