Looking for 1/48 48" raf white codes

woody37

I've not finalised the scheme yet, but one I'm looking at has squadron codes in the fuselage and the reg under wings, so quite a few masks. I'm hoping to avoid that route as never tried masks before but it may be the only option. Not sure where to get masks from either!

cheers

Woody ... the lincoln you're building. Its entirely up to you. Does it have raised or scribed panel lines. Raised makes it harder but not impossible. The best way i can offer is one letter at a time. Less is more in the case of stencils. You could use Tamiya tape, Or Frisket mask. Paint it then clear coat to protect it. Repeat process. Slow but I've done stencils before and it works. I admit its scary but it works very good. 

12 minutes ago, woody37 said:

I've not finalised the scheme yet, but one I'm looking at has squadron codes in the fuselage and the reg under wings, so quite a few masks. I'm hoping to avoid that route as never tried masks before but it may be the only option. Not sure where to get masks from either!

You can have white decals of your own design printed on an Alps, here's a list of custom printers:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/decals.htm#custom

Rob

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

You can have white decals of your own design printed on an Alps, here's a list of custom printers:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/decals.htm#custom

Rob

Hi Rob,

I've ordered some sheets of Colorado as I'm not sure what scheme I'm doing yet, but thanks for the heads up for future needs :)