Vallejo Coastal Command Paint Set

franky boy

Hi everyone 

Im keen to give this paint set a try, Vallejo RAF Coastal Command VAL71148, as a change from my usual Tamiya and Gunze.

Just one question though. Can anyone vouch for the accuracy of the colour matches? I get on pretty well with Vallejo in general but have read that their colour matches can be a bit wild from time to time.

Thanks in advance 

James

I like Vallejo and think their matches are spot on. Weirdly the only one I would question a bit is their standard red colour, it's actually a very deep pink to my eyes. I don't get too hung up on colours (or rivets, kit shape issues etc) though so I'm probably not the authority you are looking for!

• Like 1

I don't have that particular set, James, though I have used several of its colours bought individually or in the other sets. I'm fussy about colour matches and spend more time than is entirely healthy cross-referencing as much web info as I can find, and I'm very satisified with almost all of Vallejo's specified matches which I've so far used for air and armour.

Before you buy it, though, check that you won't be duplicating colours in your inventory. They are all available individually and many of them crop up in the other RAF/FAA sets. For instance, I just checked that set and found that I'm only missing one of the eight.

Edited by Ade H
  • Like 2