'Defiance'

This is a diorama I have been working on for some time now. It has taken a while and the major factor of that is the figures. As I am not a figure painting individual, I wanted to take as much time as possible with this diorama as to not compromise the entirety of it, due to bad figure painting. I have a little detail to add but it is complete now as-is. It's only the name, I am not too certain about. I wanted 'Rebellion' but I saw it was already taken by another fantastic diorama by a fellow modeller. So, if you all have a better name than what I already have; with impact to the diorama, I would be very grateful.

The diorama is based during the Libyan conflict. The opposition is holding ground in a nearby compound where they are at a stand-off with government troops, loyal to Khadaffi. They get extra reinforcement from two fellow komparerades who are running towards the on-going fire-fight.hope you all like this build as well as my figure painting.

The diorama is based during the Libyan conflict. The opposition is holding ground in a nearby compound where they are at a stand-off with government troops, loyal to Khadaffi. They get extra reinforcement from two fellow komparerades who are running towards the on-going fire-fight. I hope you all like this build as well as my figure painting skills. I think I have improved just a little since my last figure painting job. :)

rebels40-vi.jpg

rebels10-vi.jpg

rebels11-vi.jpg

rebels12-vi.jpg

rebels12a-vi.jpg

rebels16-vi.jpg

rebels17-vi.jpg

rebels18-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 17

Another superb diorama from the 'King of Composition'.

Having seen all of your dioramas, I can call you that with some authority. I really don't know how you visualise your dioramas. Do you have a picture in your head, and build to that, or do you just bung in a wall and a vehicle and some figures, then mess around with their positions until they look 'right',  or what?

I've TRIED planning ahead and aiming for a particular scene, but mine always end up changing into something else.

Rearguards,

Badder.

Thanks Badder. It took some time trying to get the composition right. I would leave it over night to sleep on it until the next day or two. I'm a sticker to get to getting things to look just right when it comes to the esscentrics.

Edited by tiking

3 hours ago, bhouse said:

Amazing. You have brought so much life to the scene. As  I look at the pictures I can hear in my head the gun shots, shouting and a distant muezzin. 

Thank you kindly. It was something I wanted to re-create as realistic as possible. All I have to do is try to create some kind of smoke/fire effect around the muzzle of that Dushk(spelt wrong of course🤣)

20 minutes ago, Darby said:

Stunning!

Thanks a lot Darby. Glad you like the result.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-15 at 8:21 PM, bhouse said:

Amazing. You have brought so much life to the scene. As  I look at the pictures I can hear in my head the gun shots, shouting and a distant muezzin. 

Thank you. Glad you like the results. Still a couple of things to do before it is 100% done.

stunning diorama - I love it

the whole theme prompts a few long forgotten lyrics, as the Human League once sang back in the day "She dreamed of 1969, before the soldiers came, her life was cheap on bread and wine, when sharing meant no shame"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

stunning diorama - I love it

the whole theme prompts a few long forgotten lyrics, as the Human League once sang back in the day "She dreamed of 1969, before the soldiers came, her life was cheap on bread and wine, when sharing meant no shame"

Thank you for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tiking,

Looking at this again, again, can you tell me where you got your bits and pieces for the top of the telegraph pole? You are very good at finding all these little details, and I wonder how much is scratch built and how much is from other kits/toys?

Rearguards,

Badder

9 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Tiking,

Looking at this again, again, can you tell me where you got your bits and pieces for the top of the telegraph pole? You are very good at finding all these little details, and I wonder how much is scratch built and how much is from other kits/toys?

Rearguards,

Badder

Well Badder. The parts are from older kits. The big black box is just that. It is from an old 1/35 truck kit(don't remember exactly which one). The red piece is also from a kit I do not remember. I have a huge 'Misc. Box for parts I have collected over the years. I go through them to see what best matches the parts I need to represent the components I need for a specific build. Hence the light pole. The other small bracket/cylindrical piece is also from 1/24 scale truck(Italeri Scania kit, if I remember correctly). The bolts are 1/35 scale.  The ceramic isolators are from 1/24 parts(again, I do not remember the brands as these were purchase over 10 years ago). The wires are from old pieces of wiring I got from the dumpster. :) I make sure I go through my box before purchasing anything. I tend to use up whatever I have first, before purchasing. This saves from purchasing unnecessary things. Hope this helps. in a way. ;)  Thank you for the interest. Oh yeah, the light was cut from a MIG pole and modified to fit the wooden pole, which is a dowel, used to holding plants in place in the soil.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...