FJ-3/FJ-3M Fury

Sabrejet

9 hours ago, Don McIntyre said:

Wow! Lots of hard, well researched work here. Thanks for sharing.

Now, to see something like this specifically for the FJ-4 series… :huh:

I would suggest picking up the Ginter book on the FJ-4 Fury. It is packed full of info and you can find it used or new quite cheap these days. I've had my copy for at least 15 years. In fact, if you are that interested in the whole Fury series Ginter has finally completed the series with the last installment on the FJ-3. I have all four books from the -1 to the -4. It makes for a very complete reference source on the Fury.

10 hours ago, Don McIntyre said:

I'll have to keep an eye out for Mr Ginter's book, then. Thanks for the advice.

Just a little more info on Ginter's FJ-4 Fury book which can also apply to all his books. The FJ-4 book consists of over 100 pages. Included are a developmental history, factory drawings, lots of close up photos, photos of all units and squadrons that operated the FJ-4 and then a modelers section reviewing all of the models of the FJ-4 that were available at the time. Published in 1994, coverage of the newer Grand Phoenix and Hobby Boss kits are not included. 

For those that may not know of Ginter's books on Naval fighters, all of his books have pretty much the same layout, a history/development section, then use in service, then modeling section.

Disclaimer; I have no connection to Ginter other than being a long time satisfied customer of his product.

• Like 1

I've just seen this morning over on Cybermodeler's new kit release list, the Kitty Hawk FJ-3 Fury has been removed from the list. Usually when an item is removed from the list it means release is imminent. I don't know if that applies to the Fury but it is an interesting development.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jpk said:

I've just seen this morning over on Cybermodeler's new kit release list, the Kitty Hawk FJ-3 Fury has been removed from the list. Usually when an item is removed from the list it means release is imminent. I don't know if that applies to the Fury but it is an interesting development.

In this case, it reportedly means that Kitty Hawk has not committed to a release date. My understanding is that its release is neither imminent nor canceled.

• Like 1