***finished*** Two Thunderbolts

Just saw this - nice work! I hadn’t realised my double Thunderbolt build I just started is a poor cousin to another already in the GB. I think I’m just about the mirror image of yours as I’ll do the other decal options 

Edited by LostCosmonauts

• 3 weeks later...

Found the 

On 22/11/2017 at 12:24 PM, LostCosmonauts said:

Shame about the vents. At least they’re a straightforward shape to cobble together if your bin rummage proves fruitless.

Found them in the end, but never found the gun barrel that fell off, should be easy to scratch.  Top camo on, whilst the paint guide shows the rudder hinges were painted camo, all pictures of 56FG aircraft with yellow rudders show the hinges in yellow so for simplicty went with that, now to sand the underside before painting the medium grey. Can also confirm the b-17 will not be done by the deadline, I have sprained my ankle today and can’t climb the stairs that much, I can work on this downstairs so should still make the deadline

24786930768_d23a006721_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Interesting point just came to me, painted the nose red in US insignia red but the tail red in raf yellow, the 56th used raf colours for the camo, wonder which they used for the coloured bits, looking at photos seems could be either some of the reds look slightly dark like an raf red hunbrol 60 represents others brighter like the US red I used. However Revell seems used US Yellow for the decals so I’ll either repaint the tail in revels recommendation for US Yellow or if my ankle lets me walk to the model shop for some humbrol 154. 

26964305109_ab3988c22e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu