***finished*** Two Thunderbolts

With the fw190 done and the b17 in progress thought in crack into this not least to test the new olive drab and neutral grey paint for the fort. Surprisingly only done the 1 p47 so far, not sure why, I like the type. 

36300093782_2456a719f0_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Well there is today, run out of cement, which means for he first time in 3 years of modelling I actually have to buy some for the first time so a trip to the only local model shop will happen tomorrow. Also a chance to buy a kit for the first time in what feels like ages have done some which I'll upload now

Edited by PhantomBigStu

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Well there is today, run out of cement, which means for he first time in 3 years of modelling I actually have to buy some for the first time so a trip to the only local model shop will happen tomorrow. Also a chance to buy a kit for the first time in what feels like ages have done some which I'll upload now

So some paint on and unlike the first one actually got the cockpit painted bronze green not zinc chromate, did lose the control stick so subsituted an f-15 one i had to hand, hopefully not obvious. Also found I won't be using my new paints after all, sounds like this was painted with raf green and grey like the first one I did

36441596276_52a88d3c5b_b.jpg

36487603975_c3f5172b82_b.jpg

35374442920_6ee888f38e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

Doors sanded and filled and some paint on, research suggests the colours could be raf dark green and either sky or medium sea grey, picked the former as it looked too light in the black and white photos to me for grey. No pic yet as can't see anything in the one I took 

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

whenever that will be, damn nose checks disintergrated on, double blow as it happened on a mustang recently as well 

I don't think I'd be brave enough to even attempt nose check decals, you got a fix in mind?

• 1 month later...

Slight hitch, broke the canopy so had to fit a revell canopy which needed a bit of filler, but more of a concern , the decals I'm using are from the revell kit, but apparently there were two different editions of the kit with differeninng layouts of the decals and the instructions don't match the sheet I have so there's loads of stencils I have to guess

6 hours ago, CliffB said:

Hi Stu, have you seen this website - you may find the instructions you need there.

Cheers

Cliff

thanks anyway, but the ones on there are the same as I printed off 

Edit found a copy of the decal sheet online that allowed me to do translate the numbers, but alas the white numbers and one roundel disintegrated, and all had paint splatters on them, so again this will have to wiat for completion for whilst I find  the font for the numbers and get the scalling right on the roundels for printing 

37398041102_fe9773d2ba_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2017 at 6:42 AM, CliffB said:

Congratulations Stu.  I  love that French scheme :thumbsup2:

Cliff

Cheers, I've put my su34 to one side and having done a lot of big jets recently, time for another small build, 2nd p-47 or the hellcat, can't decide (and no I haven't forgotten the blenheim thats to one side due to paint issues), though there is the new airfix p40b calling out

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1