RAF Driffield...or there abouts....1941

Bashed up an airfield base for my Lancaster as an experiment. As it didn't turn out too bad the cogs started turning..... 

I have other ideas for the Lancaster, but shame to waste it.

y4mDh_fQodTu7iXJtCqyKwBK2kQOI1XIycVLsLZ4

By the end of the week, and after a browse on Amazon a small addition.

y4m9NkvIOFLbU69UUr_aL2x7YkoErf-mb6I8pmt2

I think we can see where this is going to end up.

• Like 4

Has it got anything to do with a Whitley, and some propaganda leaflets? Nice job on the base and fire truck. :popcorn:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Has it got anything to do with a Whitley, and some propaganda leaflets? Nice job on the base and fire truck. :popcorn:

You have a better imagination than me bud. Something a lot more simple than that I think. I shall see what see what sends me to sleep at night.

The truck was supposed to be a quickie to inspire some progress. Ended up consuming me for the week. I'll try not to get too distracted and concentrate on the Lanc.

• Like 1

• Bodmin changed the title to RAF Driffield...or there abouts....1941
11 minutes ago, Bodmin said:

You have a better imagination than me bud. Something a lot more simple than that I think. I shall see what see what sends me to sleep at night.

The truck was supposed to be a quickie to inspire some progress. Ended up consuming me for the week. I'll try not to get too distracted and concentrate on the Lanc.

I had a google of RAF Driffield and mention on the out brake of war, rather than dropping bombs the squadrons based their dropped propaganda leaflets insted. I built a couple of the Airfix fire engines years ago, mine never turned out like that. I have had a go at the multiple build thing, not really got on with it so I've gone back to one build at a time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I had a google of RAF Driffield and mention on the out brake of war, rather than dropping bombs the squadrons based their dropped propaganda leaflets insted. I built a couple of the Airfix fire engines years ago, mine never turned out like that. I have had a go at the multiple build thing, not really got on with it so I've gone back to one build at a time.

Well I got the year wrong lol. Changed it now, needs to fit something in my stash. 

The multiple build thing is a bad idea me thinks.....stuff everywhere. Figured it was small enough to get away with it. No such luck. Not a bad wee kit though, it'll work for what it's meant for....just to sit there and look pretty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bodmin said:

Well I got the year wrong lol. Changed it now, needs to fit something in my stash. 

The multiple build thing is a bad idea me thinks.....stuff everywhere. Figured it was small enough to get away with it. No such luck. Not a bad wee kit though, it'll work for what it's meant for....just to sit there and look pretty.

No worries mate I look forward to it evolving. :yahoo:

• Like 1