Thinking ahead excitedly - White stencil decals 1/72 for FJ-3D?

RidgeRunner

I think I asked this once before but it got lost without responses but does anyone out there know of a supplier of white aircraft technical stencils in 1/72, particularly US Navy? So for example, a set of generic (or specific) stencils for a Navy Fury! Yes, very topical! ;)

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
Change of emphasis and edited title for clarity
  • Like 1

So with the jet-appreciative sector of the 1/72 modelling world excited about the issue of FJ-3s by Sword in the near future (definetly count me in!) can I put a plea out there to decal producers for a stencil set in white as well as black to enable the Drone Director builders (like me) to get such models built?

any thoughts?

Martin

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

CAM Decals sheet 72A009 has white letters and numbers in Navy style.  Nothing there though for making up a unit designation like VU-5 for example.  White naval lettering and numbers decal sheets have always been in short supply over the decades I've been in this hobby.  Hopefully the CAM sheet is still available, but don't hold your breath.

Later,

Dave

Thanks e8n2 but it is the technical stencils in decal form I mean. Being white i cant simply produce them on my home computer. They can be specific or generic. Anything would be better than nothing ;).

Martin

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks e8n2 but it is the technical stencils in decal form I mean. Being white i cant simply produce them on my home computer. They can be specific or generic. Anything would be better than nothing ;).

Martin

Martin,

You might try contacting the Caracal Models people to see if they have plans to release decal sheets for the new Sword Furies; if so, will they be able to include stencils in white for the overall sea blue schemes? They are pretty receptive to input from model builders. I don't have any connection with them or get anything in consideration for mentioning them, other than being a regular customer. Keeping my fingers crossed that the kits look as good as the sprue shots would seem to indicate. Sending photos or drawings that illustrate your request is always a good idea.

Mike

[email protected]

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I suspect that the aftermarket will jump on the interesting FJ-3 colour schemes with reckless abandon (I do find the OOB Sword options a bit predictable), so I'd wait out for the inevitable flood of decent decals!

At least I hope so...

I agree....as long a they do Marine VMF235 FJ-2's with the red bands/white stars!

Mike

I agree also, but I'm holding out for dark grey/blue schemes that will drive the production of white stencils. I tend to model schemes that are not OOB or off a decal sheet.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

1 minute ago, Sabrejet said:

RR: have you tried any F-4 SEA camo decal sheets? LOADS of white stencils on there, and in 1/72 no-one will read them!

a great idea. Now I need to find one that has a good selection! ;)

Thanks a lot, Martin

• 2 weeks later...