1-48 Yak-11 racing aircraft "Czech Mate" IP by Kiwi Models - Kickstarter

Caerbannog

Kiwi Models have started (I think yesterday: 08. 08. 17) a Kickstarter campaing for a Yak-11 air racer. Will be interesting to see if they get the funds (5800NZ$) until September 7th 2017 - should be at least 100 supporters. I at least through my hat in the ring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That has a long shot given that there are apparently ony 17 people in the world who want one enough to pay $55NZ for it (about £30, which seems very reasonable to me).

However, I'm not sure how well they promoted the kickstarter. This is literally the first I've heard of it on any of my social media places, whether for mdelling or full size aviation, and I am a highly appropriate target audience for such a kit.

Nothing wrong with doing the actual fund-raising in a month but you do have to push it during that time. When I am involved in raising similar amounts for short film-making we have a multi-media campaign across all forms of old and new media which starts at least a month before the opening of fund raising, and gets pushed on all the major platforms and relevant websites every single day wth updates, "did you know", interviews, pics, etc.

That's it basically, as you described. A Kickstarter is one month of work (plus all the work that goes into the preparation) and not 'put it up and wait a month'.

With this in mind I would not judge the interest in this kit from the number of backers. 

14 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Maybe they should "simply" do a conversion set for the Bilek Yak 11.

+1

Furthermore there's a new as upgraded version from the Bilek 1/48th Yak-11 kit marketed under the label A&A Models:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017164-148-yakovlev-yak-11-moose-plastic-bilek-by-aa-models-released/

V.P.