Hello from across the pond

BubbaFett

Greetings all,

Like many of you, I slapped together many a model kit in my childhood (and in my case, I do mean slapped together). I enjoyed building them but even then I knew they looked rough, I just didn't know how to learn & didn't have anyone to show me. What a resource the internet is!

I was mainly interested in the Star Trek line at that time, but I built a few cars too; the only one I remember was Corvette Stingray III concept. My favorite (and best turn-out) was a small Klingon Bird of Prey that came with the Romulan Warbird & Ferengi Marauder. Wish I still had some of them.

Recently I was able to buy a Babylon 5 Starfury kit on eBay for a steal. From what I've researched it's not the best kit to get back into modeling, but I have done some other hobby work and have some of the tools already--and I'm in no hurry. So we shall see. I may try to build some Star Wars kits, perhaps the Bandai ones--but I have a TON of Star Wars memorabilia, whereas Babylon 5 stuff is hard to come by, so I'm less inspired on Star Wars at the moment.

Anyway, in researching the kit I have found several useful form threads on britmodeller. Having had several forums in the past that I enjoyed being a part of, I figured I'd join up and share my experience. Perhaps I'll be inspired to build more.

Thanks for reading,

BubbaFett

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...