B-24 CBI-PTO variants

72modeler

I just stumbled upon this website. It covers B-24 variants that were equipped with nose turrets destined for the CBI-PTO theaters. Looks to be very comprehensive, with the variants arranged by version, block, and type of nose turret fitted, as well as photos of representative aircraft from each production batch. IIRC, B-24D's that were bound for the Pacific had tail turrets installed in the nose, as requested by General Kenney. Hope this will be of use for all you Liberator fanatics- some interesting and unusual modeling projects, I think.

Mike

http://www.usaaf-in-cbi.com/Liberator_ID/Liberator_ID.htm

Phil did a great job on that site, but you'll find even more on the subject in Alan Griffith's book Consolidated Mess.  Alan is also working on at least one more edition covering (among other things) changes in glass-nosed Libs.

Cheers,

Dana

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dana Bell said:

Phil did a great job on that site, but you'll find even more on the subject in Alan Griffith's book Consolidated Mess.  Alan is also working on at least one more edition covering (among other things) changes in glass-nosed Libs.

Cheers,

Dana

Thanks, Dana. Will have to try get that reference, as I don't have it. This is off-topic, but have you heard from Nick Millman lately? He hasn't been logging on for a while and not responding to emails from several of us, so we are kinda concerned. Both of his blog sites are not accessible anymore, either, even to those of us that had "invites." Thought you might be able to shed some light on the subject. Hoping nothing is wrong with him, as he has a lot of fans out there. Sooo, when is your three volume treatise on OD coming out? Ha! Regards,

Mike

Whoops- I do have the book....if you had said MMP I would have remembered...yes, definitely awaiting a similar treatment of the glass-nosed versions- hope he includes the PB4Y-4's, as they are the prettiest Libs, IMHO!

Edited by 72modeler
added additkional comments

Sorry, I've not been in touch with Nick for some time.  I also noticed that he'd not been posting here for a few weeks, particularly on some subjects he's so well qualified to help out.  Perhaps, like me, he's had/having a long vacation?  I hope all is well!

Cheers,

Dana