Fallout inspired Dinogas Filling Station

Hi folks. New member, blown away by the builds on here!

Here's my most recent build. A Fallout inspired take on TT Combat's 1/56 (28mm wargames scale) Dinogas Filling Station. A mixed media (mdf & card details) kit that was a doddle to put together. Base coated in acrylics (UMP primer, Tamiya, Vallejo Model Colours) shot through the UMP-Apex airbrush and weathered with acrylics (AK, Tamiya, Vallejo) and oils (winsor & newton & sansodor odorless thinners).

Very happy how it came out and given me the confidence to tackle a 3 foot square gaming table for the upcoming Fallout table top RPG! I've got a step by step build log over on my blog with loads of wip shots if you're interested: http://www.richbuilds.com/articles/build-review-tt-combats-dinogas-filling-station-28mm-mdf-wargames-terrain/.

Always happy to answer any questions you might have. Please bear in mind it's not 'finished' (windows need dusting, etc.) till I've done the in-place weathering once the boards done. In the meantime, happy building! :-)

Kjn41P4CJyJi9SsTdamFQuLO9rpi57BLzS0UejUD

l3-ZVehUjZoNwoGp7VgpTPf2CMSKGBfRGK_BDZy-

G3RP7XkzfRvOJlx2JB7wPBgocxUBDJYy0CD_Ml5M

pIx_XTGc4AZeCWhcLWGYPIlixmALf7W1UU8csE0W

A1YnuORrW1rNXfRzSPS-tbbAOM3CWwATII20K6Zz

eBuj--DFymhZ7GPIAqAUX496p7ODvbVazIFhYvOQ

hMv20WIT4Wr6Ks7gaPlclxwlb9ZiToJj3qc-dPF3

H-i9wZdOYYu9B8ao2hsUxHKk0ZfcrR4qX9RCXGL4

ahf8iwvp4TG01YAYdiuTDratq2scW0rm3NNQXU2m

dhH966mOW1-4TVx7OsqYp-FqH5_v9pCmug73pSke

CSpY77b-WSq1r3U16QMZFI9V2Ic37lQkdhMW16Op

• Like 13

Looks ace... When I saw the first pic inside, wasn't sure what I  was looking at first but I thought how can he work in that workshop with broken windows ! I'm not joking.

Does anybody make  Gas Stations kits that haven't been through Armageddon, new looking ?

You Just need a rusty Chevrolet pick up now

Well done

Painting wood to look like metal/rusted metal... not easy! Well done.

Yeah, those few close-up shots of the interior really look like they are photos of the real thing. Superb.

A great little building, full of character. I like it.

My ONLY criticism is the broken glass...especially at the rear of the building. Those windows don't look right at all. Broken? Smashed? Well, yes. I suspect every pane of glass has broken and smashed the laws of physics! A pane of glass would not crack right across the middle, with bits falling out to leave a narrow zig-zaggy gap.

Unless of course you meant them to look like the teeth of a T-rex?

The other windows are okay, but to me they are a bit 'samey'. Personally, I'd like to see a lot more variation.

Having made broken windows myself, I know that it's a lot harder than one might imagine to get the remains looking right. Glass breaks in specific ways, depending on the type of glass and it's always a good idea to look at photos of real broken glass to get the realism.

But, as I said, you've produced a great building there, and maybe I'm just being fussy.

Rearguards

Badder

30 minutes ago, Badder said:

Painting wood to look like metal/rusted metal... not easy! Well done.

Yeah, those few close-up shots of the interior really look like they are photos of the real thing. Superb.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Exceptionally good weathering/ageing.