New from Takom Panther Ausf.A Family

Julien

Yeah - I know we already have some pretty decent Panthers in 1:35, but these should be modern toolings with all that implies.  Hopefully they'll include some rolled steel & casting textures where it counts too ^_^

You can't say German armour isn't well catered for. I guess it's the same as every company releasing a P-51 or Spitfire. They just sell. I can't really complain Takom are still my best hope for all the subjects I want done. 

28 minutes ago, snapper_city said:

Massive fair play to Takom and the rate they are knocking out new tool kits but does the world need more German armour?

About as much as the world needs more Mustangs, 109s and grey jets, but you know how things are... :D

43 minutes ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

I thought the late Panther didn,t have the drivers flap opening in the front armour ??

It didn't. But those are Ausf A hulls - not Ausf G/F. Think it may be a typo in the thread title.

Edited by IanC

15 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Massive fair play to Takom and the rate they are knocking out new tool kits but does the world need more German armour?

If producing Panthers and such like will enable Takom to produce FV432's, Chieftains, etc, then bring 'em on, I say!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 593jones said:

If producing Panthers and such like will enable Takom to produce FV432's, Chieftains, etc, then bring 'em on, I say!

Yes too right. The problem is for me (and my wallet) out of all the German tanks I rather like Panthers!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've searched through hundreds of websites and forums, searching for an estimated release date for this tank, and all I could find is "2017". No idea if this means when Takom released the photos or when the kit is due to release because if they release it around Christmas time, I'm going to be one happy camper for Christmas (assuming I would get them before Christmas).  On another note, I have seen some pictures of Mengs Panther that look like it should be released soon, as far as I have found Meng's panther will not have an interior provided with the kit unless they sell the interior as a separate kit.  Like that of Takom, I haven't been able to find an estimated release date for this kit. Any new info would be great. 

Mark