Eduard 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.IX

I made a start on this beautiful kit, that I got for my birthday last week, I will aslo be building the resin engine to go with it. 

I have made a start on the cockpit, all the cockpit pieces were painted AK Interactive air series Interior green AK-2303,thinned with a few drops of de-ionised water, and sprayed using my Sparmax Max3 airbrush. All the details, switches and buttons were painted with Vallejo model air white and NATO black using Tamiya small round brush. Then all the parts were given a wash, using the AK Interactive Engine & Turbine wash, I also highlighted the raised detail suing the Interior green colour mixed with a drop of Vallejo White. the photo etched instrument panel was super glued to the blank instrument panel supplied in the kit. I also started building the resin engine, once the parts were removed from the resin gates using a razor saw and cleaned up with a file, they were super glued together. I then proceeded to give the whole engine a coat of Vallejo model air NATO black. Then using a small brush I painted the wires and other raised details using Vallejo white, and Tamiya XF-7 flat red. Then I did a dry brush of Revell enamel aluminium metallic. I used AK Interactive's engine weathering set to weather the engine. I also cut the nose cowls off the spitfire fuselage using my razor to allow the engine to be fitted. 

413499544.jpg

413499550.jpg

413499548.jpg

413499546.jpg

413499545.jpg

413499552.jpg 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh good i just had a B-day and this is on my to buy list. Im gonna follow along if you dont mind. 

Please do follow along, this is definitely a great kit, hope you have fun building yours when you purchase it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...