Unimog U1300L "FESTMA" - 1/35 by Revell

Hello,

a small project which I started some days ago as a kind of "fun-project" ... ater my summer vacation at the German North Sea Cost near Bremerhaven I found an old Revell kit of the Unimog U1300L and the idea was born.

In the harbour in Bremerhaven are lot of red Unimogs from a company called "Festma". These special Unimogs are used as mooring trucks to moor the incoming huge ships in the harbour. 
At the front these Unimogs have a special device for transporting and lifting the gangways to the ships ....

I wanted to make such Unimog somehow ... :)

And here it is ... what I want to have ... one like this one .... 

l87atqfn.jpg

A scratch built plattform at the rear .... made of plastic stripes, plates and etched parts and an old Mercedes Benz wheel and some Wingnut Wings stuff :) ....  

lf66tarh.jpg

ez8cxbh6.jpg

An advice at the rear as some of these trucks had ... made of plastic stripes ... 

7b3jdipq.jpg

xb8hgq5k.jpg

The advice at the front for the lifting and transporting of the gangways ....  made of plastic stripes, profiles and plates ... 

qaoydpzv.jpg

zgp7c58u.jpg

The new exhaust muffler - moved up and made new .... 

d7bqbrp3.jpg

ozvufbqa.jpg

And the complete one before painting .... 

2d2uwowt.jpg

r4dt9dlg.jpg

After some first color added ... black and red... iron and rusty color under it and returned to top with salt and water under the red paint ...

riac786o.jpg

bav2mczj.jpg

m72yi45b.jpg

Hope you like it a bit :)

Cheers
Micha

• Like 5

Hello,

some little progress at the Unimog. 

After the painting I have added a black washing, a rusty one and some further weathering effects on the car. Then added the last parts of the kit plus some wire, rope and other stuff ... 

hk49ljkg.jpg

hqq4ika8.jpg

eaczol3f.jpg

zfo4rahy.jpg

w42has9a.jpg

wx6ir4ks.jpg

qnemu8go.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the small display is ready. I have put the Unimog is a tilted position - as in Bremerhaven at the floodgate. The cobblestone road is made of single stones, the gaps filled with a mix of sand, cast and wood glue.

The bollard is a wooden knob painted and weathered .... some grass added .... and done I think ....

omheb48s.jpg

pzf2ymek.jpg

zsh8ic4s.jpg

p4ex8mfp.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• Like 2

• 1 year later...