This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

The Chief Smeg    252

Finally managed to get my Gonk Droid to a stage where I am happy with him (had a slight nightmare during build that is covered in my build thread, but also a very luck recovery). 

RFI

RFI

RFI

RFI

He still needs a proper display base where he can be with BB8, but for now I'm calling the done.

thanks for looking,

Leigh

Pete in Lincs    6,096

He's been around the block a few times, hasn't he?

Excellent result and a great finish.

One to display at the front of the cabinet!

The Chief Smeg    252

Shame someone left coffe mug rings on his top though :D

cheers Pete

Great work -- you can never have too much weathering or chipped paint on any (non Imperial) SW droid, IMO

I never understood why the various model companies that have had SW licenses over the years never put out a set of droid models. And not those tiny Bandai ones, either, but kits large enough to detail properly.

The Chief Smeg    252
Posted (edited)

Got to agree Chris, this one from JPG Productions has been a joy to work on and a nice size to learn how to weather (and how not to as well). 

Edited by The Chief Smeg

The Chief Smeg    252

Cheers Hunter, I thoroughly enjoyed building this little fella and I learnt a lot too. 

Will Vale    3,030

That's pretty cool, I *love* the rusty rings on the top - presumably where some careless Hutt has stood his mug of blue milk?

W

The Chief Smeg    252

Well my preferred drink is black coffee so I had reckoned on coffee rings, but the 'earth' ump wash does look a bit like a rusty ring (no euphemism intended).   

Blue milk :D

Mike    10,475

:cwl: I love the paint/drink stains on the top... just goes to show how little the mechanics think of the poor lad :(

AndyRM101    4,510

Lovely. The chipping turned out great in the end. Really like his rusty rings.

Andy

Madmonk    1,007
3 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Another abused Gonk

Is there any other kind of Gonk!!

Great build Chief and well recovered.  As everyone else love the ring stains on the top.

I don't know why but I would love to see one of these kits in pristine condition as a Racing Team Droid, something along the lines of Gulf or Rothmans colours!  Or is that just me!

The Chief Smeg    252

To be honest I had considered a mouse droid in the old gulf racing colours from the GT40, but reckoned it would be a lot of difficult masking so gave it up. I should have tried a JPS Special mouse droid!

never thought of a Gonk in racing colours, that would look really good. 

Gimme Shelter    1,760

that's really incredible paint and wear and tear work - I love the rusty cup marks on the top of Gonk's gonk!

The Chief Smeg    252
4 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

that's really incredible paint and wear and tear work - I love the rusty cup marks on the top of Gonk's gonk!

You want to take a look at the WIP and see what a lucky rescue this was: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235024243-gonk-droid/

i got got a lot of encouragement from the peeps on here too so I feel a great deal of credit is owed to the collective!