Special Hobby 1/48 Breda Ba.65 A-80 update 28-8-2017

Arniec

Hi guys,

After some persuasion from Mottlemaster I have decided to put in a second Ba.65 A-80 in this GB.

It will be build straight from the box.

I bought this kit without box and instructions on a Belgian show last year. Luckily I could find the instructions online and the box isn't that important.

Here are some pictures of the content what is in a different box .

IMG_4092IMG_4093

IMG_4096IMG_4095IMG_4097

So that is the content. Now it needs to be build.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

Good one Arnold

It looks like there maybe some small construction differences between different markings so a decision on which marking to chose may be needed soon . Which marking willl you chose as beter we dont do same aircraft . I will wate until you have decided .

I have no Italian paints so will need to source them all.

I will obviusly be following your progress closely

Regards

Alistair

Well I have got a set of italian paints (life colors) and you wouldn't believe it, but they are all the wrong colors. So I will need to improvise. Luckely I have got a few Gunze colours lying around. 

As you are the first with the build you will have a go at what scheme you want. I like both camo's.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Arnold ,here is the link to the colour painting guide

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/special-hobby/breda-ba-65a-80.html?cur=1&force_sid=11k5ta8ae0nuebm6csvi97rn17&lang=1&redirected=1

there is a pdf to download

I will go with scheme A as i have few models in a sand colour .

Than I will go with the C scheme to give more contrast. I don't know, but that green scheme has something.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

I have finally managed to do some time on the computer to get the pictures over here.

These are some pictures of the progress made this week. It isn't much, but at least it's a start.

As MottleMaster is doing the same kit I am watching him closely of what pitfalls he get. I have got mine as well, so hopefully with the both of us we will get a decent kit.

Here are some pictures.

I have started the frame the other way around as MM. and although the picture is a little bit blury , you will notice that I have got the frames the wrong way around.:doh:

IMG_4101IMG_4102

Luckily I noticed it in time before the glue had set.

I also made the fuel tank. In the intstructions they say to fill the inside, but I found it much easier to just glue some plastic plate on top of it and when dry trim it.

IMG_4100

I have also taken a different route than MM for the seat etc. I builded them up inside the frame. It is a little bit fiddly but it works.

IMG_4103

O, as you also may have noticed is that the frame where the fuel tank is, is where it is pushed outside. But the strut that was on top of the frame fitted very good?! So maybe it was intended this way?!

Here is a last picture with the seatbelts on.

IMG_4104

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some extra goodies for it. As the gun barrels are very disappointing I bought some from Master last Saturday. They are very nice.

IMG_4127

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1