1/72 Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat, Eduard+

33 minutes ago, Winenut said:

I'm interested and like the reverse wash on the upper surfaces (light greyish) and the dark wash (blackish) on the under surfaces.

I assume that's typical of carrier based aircraft in the Pacific theatre as a result of the conditions?

Frankly, there is never such a clear uniform wash . This is just an artistic device - exaggeration of reality.

On 08/08/2017 at 1:43 PM, Fuad said:

Yes, you guessed correctly. I used Tamia's colors for exhaust - XF15 flesh over XF1+flat varnish.

Thanks Fuad,

I will have to try that combo of colours myself, thanks again!

Rich

Great model, looks like a great amount of work has gone into it and it shows. Nice work on the riveting and weathering.

I've never been able to make coloured pencils work on top of a finished matte coated model, are you using a specific brand and what kind of matte coat are you using? the chipping looks really convincing,

I also really like the chalky effect you've achieved with the dirt streaking, can I also ask how you achieved this? just pigments or something else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kapam said:

I followed the link to the Birdcage Corsair - Awesome!!

May I ask what scale?  Brand of kit?

Just superb. :yikes:

Thank you, sir. It's 1/72 scale and Tamiya's kit. And this is link to all of my models.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squibby said:

Great model, looks like a great amount of work has gone into it and it shows. Nice work on the riveting and weathering.

I've never been able to make coloured pencils work on top of a finished matte coated model, are you using a specific brand and what kind of matte coat are you using? the chipping looks really convincing,

I also really like the chalky effect you've achieved with the dirt streaking, can I also ask how you achieved this? just pigments or something else?

First I use a matte varnish from Tamiya. Then I use a set of oil pigments from Miguel Jimenez. Then I use a set of watercolor pencils from Faber Castell. I also make chips with a pencil, but from another company - Prismacolor. 

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Very nice Fuad. Can I ask what colour blue over grey you used, please?

Thanks

Vince

I used the colors recommended by the manufacturer of the model - Gunze Sangyo H54. Also I recommended you to use this site for in order to find the color you need from any color brand.

Edited by Fuad