1/72 Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat, Eduard+

I like that a lot! What a superb finish you have achieved, very convincing to my eye. (My myopic eye, as I've just realised that this model is in 1/72 scale- gor blimey, it's a cracker! )

Edited by Troffa
Myiopia :-)

9 minutes ago, Darby said:

Lovely job. What did you use on the hub to get it looking so metallic?

Hi! For metallic effect I always use Alclad II.

Another fabulous build from you Fuad, I always enjoy looking at your work! It never ceases to amaze me how fantastic your painting and weathering looks and especially fantastic that it is in 1:72 scale - I wish I knew how you did it! :thumbsup: 

Kev

Edited by Mr Modeller

5 hours ago, Mr Modeller said:

Another fabulous build from you Fuad, I always enjoy looking at your work! It never ceases to amaze me how fantastic your painting and weathering looks and especially fantastic that it is in 1:72 scale - I wish I knew how you did it! :thumbsup: 

Kev

Thank you a lot for such kind comments. I don't use anything unusual in the process of creating a model. Chipped with watercolor pencils. Everything else is just an experience. I have already created more than 200 models. And I still have a lot to learn.

• Like 2

That's an excellent 1/72 Hellcat Fuad :worthy: 

The weathering is superb, just right. Keep on adding to the 200 models you have and please keep posting them here on BM :)

:goodjob: 

TonyT

Simply stunning build!

A favourite aircraft of mine, in my favourite scale.

Unlikely I could do as good a job, but it still inspires me for getting my hands on one of those Eduard kits.

:goodjob:

Another amazing build Fuad, I particularly like the level of wear and grime, the oil streaking looks really good and the exhaust staining is nice, did you use tamiya deck tan or buff and smoke for that?

Rich

5 hours ago, Rich G said:

Another amazing build Fuad, I particularly like the level of wear and grime, the oil streaking looks really good and the exhaust staining is nice, did you use tamiya deck tan or buff and smoke for that?

Yes, you guessed correctly. I used Tamia's colors for exhaust - XF15 flesh over XF1+flat varnish.

• Like 1

Fuad,

Absolutely the best heavily weathered F6F model I have seen in any scale! I generally don't care for extremely weathered finishes, as they are usually grossly overdone, but your effort is very convincing and in the areas that would be weathered/scuffed. Unlike a lot of weathered models, you have also remembered to fade the national insignia appropriately- nothing looks worse than an extremely faded model with factory fresh insignia! Well done, sir! I echo what all of the other posters have said- now you need to do a similar job on a USMC birdcage F4U-1!

Mike

Great build Fuad

Your builds and finishes are always a very high standard

I'm interested and like the reverse wash on the upper surfaces (light greyish) and the dark wash (blackish) on the under surfaces.

I assume that's typical of carrier based aircraft in the Pacific theatre as a result of the conditions?

Something I might try next time!

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1