1/48 Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot"

I have always been fascinated by those strange Soviet aircraft, that appeared only as blurred images in the days of my youth. I have recently been intrigued by Spencer Pollard's explanation of how he approaches natural metal finishes. I therefore decided to 'give it a go'.

This is Trumpeter's 1/48th Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot". It's OOB, except for some stencilling on the 'Anab' missiles, masking tape belts, and a bit of 'creative gizmology' under the canopy. It took eight days, start to finish, devoting a couple of hours a day. Is it accurate? I don 't know - and, to be honest, I don't really care. It looks like I hoped it would. TLAR!

i-5M4hFtm-XL.jpg

i-bGBtk2g-XL.jpgi-qZ488sN-XL.jpg

i-ZW5BKRq-XL.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, Pilot Officer Prune said:

I have always been fascinated by those strange Soviet aircraft, that appeared only as blurred images in the days of my youth. I have recently been intrigued by Spencer Pollard's explanation of how he approaches natural metal finishes. I therefore decided to 'give it a go'.

This is Trumpeter's 1/48th Sukhoi Su-11 "Fishpot". It's OOB, except for some stencilling on the 'Anab' missiles, masking tape belts, and a bit of 'creative gizmology' under the canopy. It took eight days, start to finish, devoting a couple of hours a day. Is it accurate? I don 't know - and, to be honest, I don't really care. It looks like I hoped it would. TLAR!

i-5M4hFtm-XL.jpg

i-bGBtk2g-XL.jpgi-qZ488sN-XL.jpg

i-ZW5BKRq-XL.jpg

Enjoy!

Lovely Fishpot, really like the paint finish!

Selwyn

("Something smells fishy, and i'm not talking about Baldrick's apple crumble!")

• Like 2

Very nice - I share your fascination with the blurry Soviet a/c of the fifties and sixties.

You said ' I have recently been intrigued by Spencer Pollard's explanation of how he approaches natural metal finishes. ' Is this accessible and where can we find it, please?

John