A few questions on Italeri's UH-1D "slick" (1/48)

RiotRolo

A few weeks ago I bought this kit for quite a good price with it being my first heli build planned. I thought about scratchbuilding parts to make it look better but decided it would be more enjoyable to buy extras to make everything go smoothly. 

The main issue I am having with this being that I cannot find any relevant parts, I have to say, I do not usually buy extras as I usually get them with the kits I buy off ebay or scratchbuild so perhaps I am not looking in the right places. Even so, I want to have some M60 door guns and a better decal set for it. Could anyone recommend some what they feel would be suitable. I have found extras for other varients such as the B, C and H but not the D.

I have just bought another one which I plan on adding with this one and perhaps turning it into a diorama so might cast the M60's to use on the other. 

Thanks

H model parts are a drop fit, most people can't ddistinguish between the two, who have flown both, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part of the Nomenclature. Also, the Eduard UH-1N set has some useful stuff.

• Like 1

well, there are  these bits here

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?search_direction=asc&search=UH-1D&scale_id=955

also Lonestar models will at some stage be re releasing the Cobra Company XM-23 door gun system (M60)

Fireball model works used to do a lot of UH-1D stuff but he only does car parts now

Hope this helps

Bruce

• Like 1