Boeing 747-400 Korean Air Hasegawa LL200 Series

The second of my Hasegawa LL200 airliners that I saved from the shelf of doom.

The kit sat quite a while there unfinished,no idea why I had put it there instead of finishing it...

Well,together with the JAL 747-200,I reworked/repainted some parts and finished it.

This was also a complete OOB build,with the decals provided in the kit.Despite their 20+ years already,they were still in fine condition.

Hasegawa has made a superb 747-400 kit,accurate in shape and no fitting issues and unlike Revell with their,much bigger ,1/144 kit,also got the wingshape right

I really like Hasegawa's LL200 airliner series and while refurbish and finish these 2 kits,I decided to concentrate on my other kits of that range and build or finish a few of them and take a little break from more difficult/time consuming kits.

Korean Air's Boeing 747s were a frequent sight at Zurich Airport for a long time,but the daily service is now served by the smaller Airbus A330-200.

Jumbos are a very rare sight at our Swiss airports these days:(

On with the photos

Cheers,

20170803_194056.jpg

20170803_194038.jpg

20170803_194001.jpg

20170803_193948.jpg

20170803_193921.jpg

20170803_193857.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just beautiful Alex, another stunner! You sure know how to churn them out!

I love this livery it is simple but because it's mainly blue it really stands out.

Hasegawa produced some great kits in terms of shape and fit, I had quite a few back in the eighties but got rid of most of the when I decided to concentrate on 1/144. Now I'm running out of space I kind of wish I'd stuck with the Loveliners! 

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers,

Ian

12 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Just beautiful Alex, another stunner! You sure know how to churn them out!

I love this livery it is simple but because it's mainly blue it really stands out.

Hasegawa produced some great kits in terms of shape and fit, I had quite a few back in the eighties but got rid of most of the when I decided to concentrate on 1/144. Now I'm running out of space I kind of wish I'd stuck with the Loveliners! 

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

Yes,space is also another factor I considered when I decided to tackle some of the Hasegawa kits.

Some of the ones I decided to finish/build are the MD90s in the special JAS scheme ,an A300 TDA,747-400 Qantas,747-100 United and a JAS 777-200 in the Rainbow livery.Others will appear in time.Stash is full of those LL200 kits

Splendid job as always Alex,  thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

As you say the shape is just right and it really shows how poor the Revell kit is.   The model looks great in the Korean livery.  Out on interest what did you use for the blue?  

Dave G

1 minute ago, Skodadriver said:

Splendid job as always Alex,  thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

As you say the shape is just right and it really shows how poor the Revell kit is.   The model looks great in the Korean livery.  Out on interest what did you use for the blue?  

Dave G

Thank you Dave.

For the blue I used Revell 50 light blue.

That's another stunning build Alex, really lovely little 744! Beautiful finish as usual!

I really like the rear 3/4 shot showing all the undercarriage bogies, the model has a real sense of mass, even in this small scale!

Kitties still hiding?

Keith

• Like 1

another one - is there no end to your production line - amazing build pace - perhaps Boeing need to take a lesson from your ability to role out large wide-bodied jets -

another stunning and superb civil build - :idea:

• Like 1

Excellent again Alex but you're going to have to slow down with these builds. (I'm running out of superlatives and your models are proving to be a major distraction from my own projects ! :D)

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

mike

• Like 1