1/72 - North American FJ-2/-3 & -3M Fury by Sword - released - new boxings

Homebee

Agree with Julien on waiting for Sword to fo an FJ-4. The Emhar kit isn't too bad but it's very reminiscent of a late Frog kit, raised panel lines, and little detail. IIR I had problems with the decals as they were not correctly sized for the kit. If Sword decide to add an FJ-4 it's going to be miles ahead of the existing kit. At the same time price is sure going to be higher, as the Emhar kit can be found quite cheap at second hand sales

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Learstang said:

Julien, regarding the FJ-4. Speaking of which, just how bad/good is the old Emhar FJ-4? I used to have one, but it was lost quite some time ago. Is it worth picking up again, or should I wait for Sword to release one (it's not like I don't have hundreds of other kits to keep me occupied in the meantime)?

Not so bad. I've had worse!

Martin

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice, gentlemen! I think 'late Frog kit' is an apt description of it, Giorgio, from what I remember of it. Excellent job on that Fury, Martin! I just might have to pick up the old Emhar kit again, after all.  Although I suppose by the time I get round to actually building it, Sword will have come out with their own FJ-4.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 12:02 AM, Learstang said:

Let's hope so, Julien, regarding the FJ-4. Speaking of which, just how bad/good is the old Emhar FJ-4? I used to have one, but it was lost quite some time ago. Is it worth picking up again, or should I wait for Sword to release one (it's not like I don't have hundreds of other kits to keep me occupied in the meantime)?

Regards,

Jason

I had good experience of the Emhar FJ-4. Would get it again if the chanse comes. Revell reissued it as well. Didn't have any bad experience with the decals and have an idea of getting my old kit an new life with new paint and decals...

Cheers / André

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre B said:

I had good experience of the Emhar FJ-4. Would get it again if the chanse comes. Revell reissued it as well. Didn't have any bad experience with the decals and have an idea of getting my old kit an new life with new paint and decals...

Cheers / André

I may just have to pick me up another one of those - always liked the FJ-4 Fury. I'll probably tart it up with some AM bits.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Yes, Jason, do so. I did exactly that, and scribed the panels, and she turned out fine :). As you will know, the plastic is a bit brittle but otherwise no worse than many other kits out there. 

Martin

• Like 1

Well, I'm convinced - I just went and bought the Emhar kit. Now I'll have to decide on what AM bits I want for it. I'll definitely buy the Pavla cockpit set.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Caracal Models decals.

- ref. CD72076 - US Navy FJ-3 Fury - Part 1

Source: http://caracalmodels.com/cd72076.html

The options on this sheet are: 

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 139255, VF-142

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 135978, VF-154

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 136008, VF-51

US Navy FJ-3D2 BuNo. 135867, VU-3

cd72076tn.jpg

cd72076profiles.jpg

- ref. CD72083 - US Navy FJ-3 Fury - Part 2

Source: http://caracalmodels.com/cd72083.html

The options on this sheet are: 

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 135832, NAS New York

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 135942, VF-73

US Navy FJ-3D BuNo. 136064, China Lake

US Navy FJ-3 BuNo. 139261, VF-173

cd72083tn.jpg

cd72083profiles.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - North American FJ-2/-3 & -3M Fury by Sword - released - new boxings