This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - North American FJ-2/-3 & -3M Fury by Sword - box art+sprues - release in 2017

Homebee    6,344
Posted (edited)

Sword is to release a family of 1/72nd North American FJ-2/3 Fury kits. 

image.jpg

- ref. SW72107  - North American FJ-2 Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/125-sw72107-fj-2fury.html

sw72107-fj-2fury.jpg

- ref. SW72108 - North American FJ-3 Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/127-sw72108-fj-3-fury.html

sw72108-fj-3-fury.jpg

- ref.SW72109 - North American FJ-3M Fury

Source: http://swordmodels.cz/en/coming-soon/127-sw72108-fj-3-fury.html

sw72109-fj-3m-fury.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Robert    433

Looks like our prayers have been answered, looking forward to these. Hope they do a gloss sea blue version as well.

T7 Models    4,883

Having a look at the FJ on Wings Palette, there are a lot of options for the type, including some rather attractive drone conversions.

72modeler    431
Posted (edited)

Yes, yes, yes, oh, my, yes! Put me down for two! Been waiting for one for sooo long...wonder what this will do for the long ago announced but so far unseen Special Hobby releases? Maybe they will shift their efforts to a new-tool FJ-4!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

Kevin Callahan    424

I agree that this is a nice announcement, but I have a tendency to like building in sets. Since I already have built an FJ-1 and FJ-4, I'll be happy to slip two of these between them. 

RidgeRunner    1,187

Finally somebody has woken up!!!!!!! ;) Praise the modelling gods! (if there are such things, of course ;) )

Martin

RidgeRunner    1,187
4 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I agree that this is a nice announcement, but I have a tendency to like building in sets.

For me it is the last piece in the jigsaw for my Sabre family builds. :).... Too long overdue! Let's hope it's a good one!

Martin

jpk    30

I build 1/48 and am waiting for the KH Fury but I will buy a couple of these just to have and help the 50's Navair cause.

RidgeRunner    1,187

Just to say that this news of these releases has caused a number of threads that must underline the enthusiasm for these types .... It is shame it has taken so long!

Martin

Killingholme    446

This is a series of aircraft I have been waiting for ever since the Valom FJ-1 came out what seems like years back. I was convinced manufacturers would plug this really significant gap. I'm glad Sword have stepped up- they'll be coming my way certainly.

I think it's fair to say some Sword kits are challenging builds. The Skynight went together well, but the air intakes were VERY strangely engineered and didn't really represent the real thing too well. The P-80s are a nightmare in the same area, with very curious engineering meaning poor fit is almost guaranteed! But let's be fair, these 1950s aircraft with complex faired-in side intakes are quite complex shapes for short-run tooling to deal with. In comparison The Fury sprue shot all looks very sensible. I suspect the 'simple' layout of the FJ Fury will make a much easier build!! 

Bring it on!

Will