What miniatures did you purchase lately?

Schwarz-Brot

I picked up a couple Historex figures at a model show recently. A mounted British Dragoon and a British infantryman. The part count for each is ridiculous.

IMG_7308

IMG_7307

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Confrontation is back!

Well, kind of. There's a kickstarter going on right now to get a good part of the classic miniatures back into production. Seems to be plastic this time, but why not. I'm in, always loved those miniatures and the studio paintjobs where always special and super colourful. I hope it is ok to post the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game?ref=discovery&term=confrontation classic

• Like 1

Another 40+ Perry Miniatures 28mm plastic ACW.....I've almost got everything I need now, a box of Zouaves will be the finishing touch.

PS - If anyone else is building forces using the Perry Miniatures range and want to acquire individual sprues of figures rather than buying a whole box, I highly recommend this eBay seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/slogger777?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

No connection other than as a satisfied customer.  :coolio:

• Like 1

This set/game was going for silly money on Amazon, and it would have been rude not to!

gzeTNTj.jpg

TAZRXsY.jpg

D0EWfxA.jpg

£8.59 for 26 figures seemed pretty good value (16 human, 10 Endoskeletons and 5 half torso crawling Terminators).

(Unfortunately, this box will probably end up in the loft, along with all my other impulse miniature buys. I have about half a chapters worth of Games Workshop Space Marines still waiting to do.:()

Mart

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My previous post left me feeling a little guilty, so not so much purchased, but dug out of the loft. A lot of the runners/sprues have ‘copyright 2004’ on them, so I guess that’s roughly when I bought/made them.

EOlnk1N.jpg

I recon I’ve got 100’s of them in various states of assembly. Many made then stripped of paint because I never could decide what ‘Chapter’ to make.

I’ll knock up a few as ‘Crimson Fists’ in honour of when I played the original game way back in the late 80’s.:pipe:

Mart

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 12:26 PM, LotusArenco said:

My previous post left me feeling a little guilty, so not so much purchased, but dug out of the loft. A lot of the runners/sprues have ‘copyright 2004’ on them, so I guess that’s roughly when I bought/made them.

EOlnk1N.jpg

I recon I’ve got 100’s of them in various states of assembly. Many made then stripped of paint because I never could decide what ‘Chapter’ to make.

I’ll knock up a few as ‘Crimson Fists’ in honour of when I played the original game way back in the late 80’s.:pipe:

Mart

Crimson Fists have a lot of attention these days since the anniversary special figure depicting their last stand against the Orks.

Imperial fists are popular too, easy to paint ready to play and bright too especailly when nicely recess shaded like yours are.

Why do you have copper rods in their feet, what did you pin them to?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

anniversary special figure

:pipe:I’m old enough to have some of the originals, let alone ‘Anniversary’ stuff! 30 Years! How time flies…..

Anyhoo, it’ll end up being a mix of various Dorn based Chapters. Crimson Fists, Black Templars and a few Imperial Fists for added colour. I’m thinking ‘Declates Crusade’ if you want to get real geeky about things.

The copper wire is an old habit from way back that I still use even when making ‘normal’ models, just makes things easier to handle with an added bonus of being used to pin them to bases when done.

3vaRMED.jpg

To add to the What miniatures did you purchase lately?

0To1z3W.jpg

And I've got the 'Imperial Knights: Renegade' boxset in the post...

Damn you @Will Vale, for dragging me back into this GW money pit, Damn you to all the Chaos Gods, especially the pink one who’ll stick a spike up yer jacksie…

Mart

• Like 2

Oh man, I'm so sorry! Thankfully my jacksie is safe as the current backstory has Slaanesh chained up in a dungeon dimension somewhere... 

My comeuppance is coming due as I've pre-ordered the new Age of Sigmar set called Soul Wars. Look at all the ghosts!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-Of-Sigmar-Soul-Wars-2018-eng

60010299013_AoSSoulWarsENG07.jpg

Rather looking forward to getting some paint on these :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

41294050070_3c5d16eba6_z.jpgDSC_0002 by Richard Linnell, on Flickr

A00729 Airfix 1/76 WW1 US Infantry

A Call To Arms Set 66 Netherlands Infantry 1815

Emhar Set 7214 British Infantry (Stovepipe shakos – centre)

Waterloo 1815 Set 062 French Line Voltigeurs at Waterloo

Italeri Set 6008 French Hussars

Zvezda Set 8037 French Cuirassiers 1807-1815

oh and a flying thing

I have just bought these figure kits 2 x Perry and 1 Warlord games kit to add to my last kit build,I have only been painting this size from last year,I still just paint for display,and I have not settled on anyone genre as yet.Cheers.

tn_0577661a-1eea-48a6-b592-dd10cd9d047e.tn_49551f51-d360-48c2-bd9f-591bae508ac1.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No piccies, but I promise to show the painted result, honest! 😄

My local GW store moved, they managed to get a couple of commemorative minis from head office, two Spess Mahreens! So I've got a pretty cool commander and chaplain combo in the stash. 

And Morathi, although it might be a while before I get enough time to paint the giant snake lady...

• Like 1

Just got these 5 boxes of 1/72 Zvezda Russian soldiers,still astounds me how they get such great quality and detail in something so small,better than I've seen in some 1/35,also on the list was 2 boxes of Perry American Civil War figures,Cheers.I picked up these metal figure also to go with the Civil War figures.

tn_fea443d8-a805-4723-bbb9-36c474dfa0d4.

tn_dff88459-6fc5-4772-bba7-6cb97ea8ecfb.tn_e3f52f5f-edd8-41ec-aac6-a7891b4d0e93.tn_9b641af9-9f2f-4ae7-84cf-2aa16ae42bb6.

Edited by Jim Wasley
Added Figures
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My mail order shop had a special on Gangs of Rome,so you know what it's like can not resist a special,so I picked these guys to make a small court Dio,hence the 2 water fountains,also you could call it luck or bad luck they sent me the wrong kit I wanted Tertius Mob and I got Secundus Mob,so he let me keep them and would send the right kit on for free,got to have a win sometimes,must say the detail on these figures is top notch.Cheers.

tn_4d87c241-b285-4252-ba04-82b25fc7b895.tn_007ac249-d6f6-4b9f-a3f6-c4f19817627e.

Edited by Jim Wasley
  • Like 1