What miniatures did you purchase lately?

Schwarz-Brot

I like those threads in the other areas. They often give me ideas of kits and manufacturers I did not know about. Also I just like to see what others add to their stash. So, let me start with my latest purchase, I bet some of you did not know about these miniatures.

I got me some nice 54mm resin miniatures by Ouroboros Miniatures. Pictures are taken from the Kickstarter Campaigns, though I did buy them just now, not via Kickstarter.

Ork Brave:

98ac55641fe00a011a04cad8e584245c_origina

Orc Shaman:

92fdf6ed204b1a9998f227e91a60bbdf_origina

Moon Man for being really weird:

b010689b58dc094cb2f936cf3055601a_origina

Hypno:

89b3e2a3de5f63bf146ad62a1903ecde_origina

And celestial. This one reminds me very much of the weird and dark style of Kingdom Death which I really like:

a032d92ecd3502a286acb4560c431476_origina

I received the miniatures today and can say they seem to be of superb quality on first glance. The detail is very crisp so they are going to be fun to paint. I am really looking forward to do so.

They sell the miniatures at kickstarter rates at the moment till 7th August. Contact is possible via Facebook or email, they respond extremely fast and are very nice folks, I can only recommend them.

So, what did you add to your stash lately?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My latest figures are these.

20mm Portuguese Line infantry and Hanovarian Landwehr.

36047056521_e6fa65b597_o.jpg

Hanovarian Infantry and Brunswick Infantry

35040304584_d0ca7fcb63_o.jpg

Plus another couple of boxes of these

236609-12815-14-pristine.jpg

I can't understand why the stashes don't get smaller

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another two boxes of these to the stash. They really are excellent figures. They're on the plan for painting this winter (along with the Saxons and the Portuguese and the Spaniards and the Black Brunswickers and t..............)

$_1.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there are better figures out there but if you want reasonable groups, without breaking the bank, then in 1/72 they're just fine. Some of us still paint the old Airfix sets too. 

43 minutes ago, FredG said:

Yes there are better figures out there but if you want reasonable groups, without breaking the bank, then in 1/72 they're just fine. Some of us still paint the old Airfix sets too. 

I moved on quite a while ago. I now mainly paint single miniatures for my personal display and the miniatures of some Boardgames in larger quantities. Revell did not suit my fantasy and sci-fi taste. Airfix was not available from the local stores.

I acquired the GW Lord of Plagues at the weekend, which must be one of the most painted/converted/entered plastic grimdark minis of recent years. 

99070201009_LordofPlagues01.jpg

(More pics on GW's site)

I haven't *entirely* decided if he's going to be sci-fi or fantasy, but I'm leaning towards swapping in a Plaguebearer head and sci-fi weapon so he can be the "final form" of a Death Guard model?

In which case he'll be painted to match these guys:

35203661813_69ff020b70_b.jpg

Cheers,

Will

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Added to the stash as I'd exchanged eight of the horses with shabraques for sheepskins to mount the Revell figures. This gives me a further supply if I decide to expand the 1st Royal Horse Guards.

101619-11067-pristine.jpg

• Like 1

Another miniature-heavy kickstarter for me: Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3... Will arrive sometime 2019 I estimate. No worries yet.

Around the end of this month the first of four waves of Kingdom Death 1.5 is about to land. This will keep me busy for quite a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was at the IMPS Show on SUnday picked up:

w3deg.jpg  Yep is anyone remebers this is the thrid time I have got this figure.

if2zw0.jpg

2n747f7.jpg

Also a couple of figures from Tommy's War range, they are really well scluputed with very small cast blocks attached.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Kingdom Death Kickstarter Wave 2 landed a few days ago. The twelve classic expansions to the core game. Holy... And this is just the beginning. The game is rated 17+ for good reasons, just google for it, if you are interested. I do not think I'd be allowed to show pictures here.

I finally settled on a way to paint the miniatures - I will take an arty approach instead of painting anything in full detail. I am going to do a full black basecoat to everything and then airbrush pure white highlights, just like black and white pictures or some fine comic artwork in the style of the sin city movie. The lanterns - a constant theme across all models - may get some soft glow in warm colours to work against the harsh airbrushed shadows and lights. This way I should get a reasonably fast and extraordinary paintjob suitable for an extraordinary game while it still allows to visually push all the fine details.

I can't decide if I like Kingdom Death or not - there are some amazing creepy models and it's not like I dislike titillation, but the ridiculous breasts and thighs are a bit silly. And that's before you get into the total lack of gender balance! Still, I'd love to see how your paint plan comes out, it sounds pretty cool.

Over the weekend I completely resisted a load of heavily discounted Games Workshop stuff (so brave!) but I did acquire the Knight of Shrouds recently:

99120207052_KnightOfShrouds01.jpg

He's built up but needs a seam on his back filling.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 3

More Perry Miniatures ACW stuff (another 36 Infantry and a single gun sprue) which brings me up to a grand total of 116 infantry, 24 cavalry and 4 guns.....I better start painting some of them.  :rolleyes: