Airfix 2018

old thumper

9 hours ago, RHWinter said:

I'd be very fond of new Westland Wasp helicopters in 1:72 as well as in 1:48 scale!

And a new tool 1/72nd Scout to go with it, while Airfix are at it. Obviously.  :)

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

There is a widespread, but mistaken, belief that they now use LIDAR for most or even all new kits. Most of their recent and currently announced planned releases are not done using LIDAR. The only released ones that I can can confirm to have used LIDAR are the 1/72 He111 and Sea King HC4, based on them releasing images of the LIDAR scans.

Yet-to-be-released LIDAR projects: the 1/48 Sea Fury, 1/72 Spey Phantom are confirmed to use it according to Airfix themselves.

There may of course be others I've missed, or which have not yet been announced by Airfix as LIDAR projects.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Of course. That goes without saying.  And the odd Vampire too.  Oh, and maybe a Hunter.  And a Mustang III.  And a Mustang IV - obviously.  But apart form that what did the Romans ever do for us?

And...

7488828704_8436c1381c_c.jpg

49 Dassault MD.450 Ouragan by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave Batt said:

Tetch-nikally that isn't a shark 'cos sharks don't have canine teeth . . .

:coat:

It was also. to the best of my knowledge, never flown by 112 Squadron. 

On 14/08/2017 at 10:21 AM, Work In Progress said:

There is a widespread, but mistaken, belief that they now use LIDAR for most or even all new kits. Most of their recent and currently announced planned releases are not done using LIDAR. The only released ones that I can can confirm to have used LIDAR are the 1/72 He111 and Sea King HC4, based on them releasing images of the LIDAR scans.

Yet-to-be-released LIDAR projects: the 1/48 Sea Fury, 1/72 Spey Phantom are confirmed to use it according to Airfix themselves.

There may of course be others I've missed, or which have not yet been announced by Airfix as LIDAR projects.

think the meteor was anotjher lidar'd examplea as was the blenheim tool hence they kit has the blingbrooke nacelles. 

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

blenheim tool hence they kit has the blingbrooke nacelles. 

No on both counts, it wasn't done with LIDAR and it doesn't have Bolingbroke nacelles. What it does have are the hybrid nacelles fitted to G-BPIV which are bulged but not as bulged as Bollingbroke ones

1 hour ago, Phantom Phil said:

Hope this happens....

148HunterF658_Aug2018_Release_zps2p3phib

47 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You swine! I thought for a moment that was real

Get the pitchforks and the burning torches! He's got the wrong mark!

Wish that it were real (but would prefer a T7 or an F1/4 as they're more colourful).

I still think Airfix missed a trick by going for the 1/48 Merlin & Lynx when they should have done a Seaking

Hope to see one soon, don't expect it will be cheaper than the Hasegawa kit, but at least you will get the internal compartment

• Like 2

On 16/08/2017 at 2:00 PM, Phantom Phil said:

Hope this happens....

148HunterF658_Aug2018_Release_zps2p3phib

Just what we needed!! Yet another Hunter! MEH!!!😬😬

Just kidding folks! 😁😁

Allan

35 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Just kidding folks! 😁😁

Phew!  I thought I was going to have to fetch the pitchfork from the shed!

A new 1/48th Hunter would be very welcome here, careful mould breakdown would yield all versions!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 3:03 PM, Wez said:

Get the pitchforks and the burning torches! He's got the wrong mark!

Wish that it were real (but would prefer a T7 or an F1/4 as they're more colourful).

And the wrong scale!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

And the wrong scale!

No such thing!

But Hunter F1/4 and T7 in 1/72nd would be very, very welcome!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, March said:

Don't tell me, you prefer your pitchforks and burning torches to be in 1:1 scale?! 😜

'Tis the one true scale for 'em!

• Haha 2