Airfix 2018

old thumper

Wouldn't this new thread be as good a place as any?

I'll start - 1/48 Hawker Hart family

..... I'd say a 1/72 Single Seat Venom, however apparently there's next to NO interest in one of these !!

Cheers... Dave

• Like 5

1/48 Spitfire Mk. XIV family... leading to a Mk. XVIII.

I think this has been mentioned every year since Airfix started popping-out new Spits!  C'mon... 2018 is the year!

• Like 4

I still don't understand why Airfix havent done a twin tub Spit. With all the warbird operators out there giving AEF at £2500 a pop - they surely would do well as a souvenir? (Yup I know AZ did one but even so...)

Surely next candidate up must be a 1/48 Lanc as the Tamiya one is the same age as me.....then a 1/72 Battle is a dead cert at some stage but would certainly settle for a 1/48 Hawker bipe family...droooool..... :)

I think the 1/24 Blackburn Blackburn has to wait til 2019 now

35 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I'm still hoping for the Hawker Hart family in 1/72. With a Hind and a Demon at the Shuttleworth Collection, there's a good museum "tie-in", not to mention a whole raft of colourful marking options.

As another rural Bedfordshire "inhabitee" yes there is that wonderful local connection, but also across the border in Cambs there's the 2 Nimrods and Fury at IWM Duxford too!

1:48 Lysander with all the slats and flaps positionable (A Lysander on the ground with everything in and up just looks plain wrong)

1:24 Gladiator (with RAF wires moulded in Nylon so they can be tensioned with a soldering iron) 

As its the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1

1:72 Sopwith Camel

1:72 Fokker D VII

1:72 Vickers Vimy (with a re-issue in 2019 for the Alcock and Brown centenary)

More airfield vehicles in 1:48 (Queen Mary please)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Wouldn't this new thread be as good a place as any?

I'll start - 1/48 Hawker Hart family

Cheers... Dave

I'd add Fury/Nimrod and the Bristol Bulldog to that . . .

• Like 1

Still reckon the most logical would be a Hunter in 1:48. With a bit of careful engineering of the sprues, pretty well every variant would be possible - endless hours of fun! But it's all up to Mr Airfix - and, like The Shadow, only Mr Airfix knows!

• Like 4

72nd Hunter with a 48th one at some point would be very welcome I'm sure.  48th Tiger Moth New Chipmunks  etc  Loads of UK subjects being mentioned but to please North American modellers, F-104 Starfighters would be good with manyschems (RCAF ones for me...)

• Like 2

Obvious choices (though maybe just for me...) would be:

1:48 Tiger Moth

1:48 Spitfire Mk XIV

1:48 Spey Phantom

1:48 Sea King

I would love to see:

1:48 D.H. 88 Comet

1:48 interwar stuff - Fury, Hart, Vimy (including Alcock & Brown and other long distance Vimys),...

1:48 Scimitar

1:48 Vamire/Venom family

1:48 Hunter family

1:48 Blenheim

1:48 Hampden

aaaaand 1:48 Vulcan :-D C'mon Airfix - go for it!

1:24 Sea Fury

1:72 Vulcan - guess I would buy a second one then...

1:72 DH Comet airliner - any

1:144 new tool Space Shuttle - too bad you do not see it that often at air shows ;-)

• Like 1

1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon (just chuck the moulds for the existing one) with all the pylons and a nice coice of weapons. I know others make them but they don't make money for Airfix.

And do hurry up and release the new Phantom - my Fujimi stock is running low.

Will Airfix survive 2018 ?   Hornby (the parent company) is still going through financial and management problems, and now that a new entity/boss is in control we have to await what direction they will take the group in.

As for which Kit I would like, well that would be a 1/350th  HMS Queen Elizabeth, but that won't happen (ships are a "no-no").

I have always tipped the Wellington as being the obvious kit to replace, now we have one already announced it is a little difficult to guess what's next. 

My best guess is, Hawker Hunter, Sopwith Camel, Red Baron Fokker Triplane and Ju88.

Second best guess, P-47 and Corsair, but a glut of kits by other manufacturers may hold these off. Mosquito, but the old Mosquito kit may be felt by Airfix to be still good enough.

As a wildcard I would suggest a Bristol Beaufort.

Most surely we will see more reboxes and kits of current subjects such as the Meteor being released in different scales.