Some more part scratch built vehicles

Hi all, on a wet and windy Wednesday afternoon in August, (what do we expect, it is the school holidays after all!). As mentioned in one of my previous posts, here are some (mostly older) models that have been modified in some way.

The first, which is the oldest, is a Model T Ford converted to an ice cream van by scratch building the body with plastic card. It is the old Airfix car kit, which in itself is basic but lends itself easily to make vans, trucks etc. It is completely hand painted as there were no options to print decals when I made this. The most remarkable thing about it, is that it still exists after being made in 1979.

The second is another breakdown vehicle. This one was converted from the Airfix/Max 1/32nd CMP gun tractor kit. The original intention was to cut down the armoured body, but Airfix supplied the original type cab, so I used that instead. The crane and body are scratch built, and most of the markings were hand painted, but it has gone through a small restoration recently, so the "White Horse Garage" is now decal. But the white horse is again hand painted (like it was on the Albion breakdown truck I posted recently). This was made in 1980, and a photo of it appeared in Scale Models magazine.

Last, although the kit is old, I only made this a couple of years ago. It is a breakdown vehicle converted from the Airfix "Monty's Humber". The body and crane are again scratch built. It is attending to a broken down Triumph Herald, also an old Airfix kit. The figures are modified from the ESCI partisans resistance set, also quite long in the tooth! Well its still raining so I can get out of cleaning the windows for now. Many thanks for looking.

CMP Breakdown

010 - Copy

011 - Copy

009 - Copy

Humber light recovery. If nothing else this proves my skills have not got much better in over 30 years of modelling!

Edited by laurencecassidy
  • Like 8

I like all three, but the last one is particularly good. If you think your skills haven't improved much, it might be because you were pretty good 30 years ago! 

• Like 1